06

Vicky West

Vicky: ''I can't be home at 8. Sorry :( tell me everything tomorrow, okay?''

I turned my phone off and focused on what happened in the morning. I should've said no to Emma. For Christ sake, I didn't want to go to Harry's house and pretend to enjoy having dinner with him. Louis walked back and forth in my living room – getting ready for the evening.

''Maybe it's better if I stay home.'' I suggested.

''Hell no, you're coming with me.'' Louis demanded. ''Get dressed, Vicks. We almost need to go.'' He was adjusting his hair whilst staring into the tiny mirror in my living room.

I stumbled to my bedroom, and pouted like a child. I tried to find something decent for the night, so I went with black skinny jeans and a white blouse. I went through my mass of shoes and found the perfect black heels I could wear underneath the outfit – I didn't want to be dressed too casual.

I put my purse over my shoulder and rested against the wall in the hallway. Louis searched for his keys, and then walked straight towards me. ''I think we are ready to go.'' He clarified, and I nodded in agreement – so I followed him to his car.

During the entire ride, Louis and I were in massive denial about going to a dinner at Harry's house. We didn't talk about it for a second, but simply started singing along with the music in the car. To me, it was good enough. I was still in utter shock that I had seen Harry this afternoon.

His Bentley and Mustang were parked outside, and Louis placed his car next to it. Louis grabbed a package of cigarettes out of his jacket and asked if I wanted one; I declined. He placed it between his lips, and lit it in the car. ''Sorry.'' He apologized. ''I'm stressing the f.uck out.''

I placed my hand on his lap

I placed my hand on his lap. ''So am I.'' I assured him – letting him know he wasn't the only one who wanted to leave this place. ''We need to do this, even though we want to run away.''

Louis took a massive drag before throwing the cigarette out of the window. ''Okay.''

We stepped out of the car and walked over to the front door. Louis and I were discussing who was going to ring the bell – at some point we looked like two kids. So grabbed his hand, held a finger and pressed it against the bell. Louis showed me his middle finger with ease.

My heart dropped when I saw a silhouette walking to us – a female silhouette.

''Hey guys!'' Emma greeted us excitedly, and she gestured us inside.

I was walking awkwardly behind Louis as we followed her to the living room. I knew how to get my way around in this house, but I had to show I was in a new space.

Harry was facing us with his back as we entered the living room. Emma said his name, and he turned around – it seemed as if it happened in slow-motion.