21

BEFORE YOU READ PLEASE VOTE + PLACE INLINE COMMENTS :)

Vicky West

I can't remember how many times I changed into a new outfit this morning. It felt like my entire wardrobe laid on my bedroom floor, but nothing was wearable.

Right now, I was seated in my Mini-Cooper as I was parked in front of Harry's house. Last night had been outrageously hectic, and I kept replaying everything in my head from the moment I drove off. Somehow, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

It was strange to be at his house again, and know that we were going to have breakfast together. I didn't know how I was supposed to feel, because everything was happening so fast. I wasn't even over the fact we kissed yesterday. My hands were clammy as I stopped myself from getting out of the car, over again. But I knew it was impossible to sit here and skip the breakfast. We were going to talk about last night, without a doubt.

I checked my phone, and I knew Harry was waiting inside for me to ring his bell. So I stepped out, made my way over to the front door, and pressed my finger against the doorbell. I took a step back, as I waited on him patiently.

It didn't take long before he appeared in the hallway and went straight to me. He unlocked the door with a grin across his face, apparently he was happy to see me.

"Morning," he said.

"Hey," I muttered. "Are you ready?"

"Absolutely." Harry grabbed his jacket and he followed me to the car.

When we were both seated, I drove away from his house.

During the ride we talked about different things. It wasn't uncomfortable to be next to him, because we had been put in this situation multiple times already. But I was glad that we arrived very fast at the diner.

Harry opened the door for me as we entered.

I was greeted by an employee who told me where there was an empty spot for the two of us.

He asked me what I wanted to order since he saw me struggling between two meals. The waitress had asked us what we wanted to drink, before she came back to get the next order. Eventually, I chose the pancakes with extra strawberries.

We chatted our way through breakfast and everything felt like the old days

We chatted our way through breakfast and everything felt like the old days. The weird but beautiful old days. I noticed how we were coming to the end of our meals, and I wanted to talk about last night because it started to feel like a burden I was carrying. We had to talk about the future, if we had one.

"So last night.." I said as Harry finished his breakfast quickly. "Everything happened so fast that I haven't been able to process all of it yet."

I kept my focus on him and I saw that he tried to hide how he felt about my words, but I knew him all too well.

"Look. . . ." I spoke. "I don't want to rush into anything."