[ Chapter 39 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

I attached the gear inside the bracelet and close the lid. I put on the bracelet and tap on the screen.

A hologram appears and a keyboard, I type in random letters and it works perfectly. I tap the screen again and it closes.

I pick up the small chip from my computer as it finish putting all the internet data in it, I inserted the ship in the bracelet and close the small lid. I take it off and put it on the mannequin hand along with the other nine I have made.

It's a tiring day.

I've been working on these for the whole day and I'm exhausted. I sigh when I hear like a rapid clicking sound, I turn around to the far corner to see the racoon awake inside it's cage.

" Afternoon to you, Riley " I said, he made a sound and I walk over to the cage.

I stood there and grab the packet above the cage where a cabinet is. Taking out the racoon food, I open the cage door as Riley jumped immediately on my shoulder, I pass him the food and he grabs it. I pet him gently as I grab the bowl, pouring it in the bowl.

I carry the bowl as I walk back to my desk, I shake the bowl lightly making sounds and place it on the table as Riley jump off and sit down next to the bowl.

" Has Zenix been feeding you well? " I asked, he continues to eat and I snicker.

What am I saying?

He purrs and walk to me, he place his hand on my nose and tilt his head to the side. I smile weakly and pat his head. Looking in his dark black pearly eyes, a thought came in my head.

He drops his hand and continues to eat his food. I open my drawer and I see the collar place, I pick it up and see the metal carved in his name. I put it on him as he just sit still eating, I adjust the name in the middle of his neck and he jumps on my shoulder and I grab another piece of his food passing it to him.

" Wanna go home with me? " I asked, he sits up with his nose wiggling.

I grab my bag and hang it on my other shoulder as I stood up. I push in the stool and head to the door, I switch off the lights, exiting the room, closing the door and lock it.

I then feel a pinch on my ear, Riley's biting me. Luckily he didn't pull of my piercings.

" Ow " I whine and move Riley away from my ear.

" No " I look at him and he hiss.

I pet his head and he calms down.

" This is why I don't feed you that much " I turns round and see Zenix.

" Why do you hate him? " I asked.

" Have you seen my back? " He asked.

" Why? " I asked.

" He scratched me and most of them turned to scars " he said.

" It's the first thing father got me " I said and Riley jump off of me running to Zenix.

He climbs up on him and went inside Zenix's bag that is unzipped.

" Hey!, Get out of there! " Zenix turns his bag upside down.

Riley drops along with Zenix's stuff and Riley had something in his hand, he runs to me and climb up behind my shoulder.

" What's that? " I asked and take it.

It's his car keys.

Zenix grumbles as he puts his stuff back in his bag. I snorted which caught his attention.