Chapter Thirty-Two

[CHATER THIRTY-TWO]

ODETTE WAS NOT ABOUT TO JUST LEAVE Olivia Mae, so it was up to her to semi-drag and semi-carry Olivia Mae down to the common room. In the common room, she was able to get some help from Lola (who was disguised as a Ravenclaw for some reason). It had been a while since Odette talked to Lola, but they couldn't really catch up with an unconscious Olivia Mae.

Benny pushed himself away from the wall when Odette and Lola went through. He froze for a moment, but not because of Olivia Mae. He stared at Lola in confusion.

"You're not in Ravenclaw."

"That's what you focus on? Odette and I are struggling carrying a body and all you care about is that I'm wearing the wrong set of robes?"

Benny looked away from her and towards Olivia Mae. Odette and Lola were holding her rather awkwardly.

"Oh! Let me help. . ." he said as he picked up Olivia Mae, much to the relief of the two girls. "To the Hospital Wing, right?"

They nodded. They followed close behind him. It was silent for the first few moments before Lola asked, "What happened?"

How did Odette say that Olivia Mae had not really been Olivia Mae without sounding completely out of her mind? It was possible, of course, but Lola wouldn't understand that. Odette didn't understand it either, but she didn't understand a lot of things so that was not anything new.

"I don't know," said Odette, that was partially true. She really didn't know what happened before she was forced into the situation. "I was looking for Mei," — She remembered that Benny was listening — "Because she had borrowed one of my books earlier today. When I entered her dorm, Olivia Mae was passed out on the floor."

"Olivia Mae has never fainted before," said Lola, "Something must have been really wrong."

Xia didn't pass out for more than a minute when the same thing happened to her. She doubted that whoever it was was being honest, but she couldn't help but think of what was said.

"We should check for a pulse," said Odette.

"Right!" said Lola as she hurried over and pressed her finger against Olivia Mae's neck. Odette waited anxiously.

"It's there," said Lola, "Faint, but there."

That didn't reassure Odette as much as it reassured Lola.

So many thoughts were racing through her head. She didn't know how to feel. That was thing. She never knew anything. She had an obsession with knowing when some things weren't even about knowledge. Was there a rule book on how to feel after your friend's friend passes out? No, because everyone felt differently about different things. She wasn't supposed to know how to feel, she should just know what she was feeling.

Lola must have thought Odette was panicking on the inside, because she changed the topic.

"How are things with Black? Are you two still friends?"

"Why does everyone know about that?"

"You two aren't exactly hiding it," said Lola, "So?"