Chapter Twenty-Five

[CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE]

THERE WERE MANY THINGS Odette would never get tired of; the scarlet train in front of her was one of those things. Perhaps because it was only the second time she has seen it, or maybe something else. Yet, she would just stop and stare as the students climbed aboard.

Mei came up to her again and grabbed her wrist, "Come before you make us all miss the train."

Odette followed Mei. Her eyes traveled around their surroundings and she hadn't noticed when Mei stopped walking, which caused her to bump into her. Mei looked back at Odette — who had a sheepish smile on her face — and shook her head. Mei opened the compartment and stepped inside. Odette peeked inside before she followed.

Aditi was in the middle of asking something when Olivia Mae hushed her.

"Mei! Odette! Where were you two?"

Olivia Mae's perfectly painted lips curved into a smile. Odette may not have known her for long, but even she knew that smile couldn't mean anything good.

"Looking for you. What have I told you about scheming without me, Livi?" said Mei.

Olivia Mae laughed, "I'm not scheming, I'm just thinking."

Odette felt Aditi staring at her, so she looked up. The moment they made eye contact, Aditi turned away and bit her lip. Confused, Odette furrowed her eyebrows.

"Thinking about what?" asked Mei, "Haven't you been planning to meet up with that boy?"

"Oh! I have," said Olivia Mae, "but it's only for a day. I'm free the rest of the summer. Don't you always go visit — what's her name again? Oh! Right, Ciara."

"You must remember what happened during Hua's engagement, don't you? That whole scene between her and Ciara. . . we haven't seen her since, you know that."

"Yeah, but you loved Ciara," said Olivia Mae, "Why are you staying away from her because of a fight between her and Hua?"

"It wasn't just a fight, it spoiled everything. I may not always get along with her, but Hua is my sister. You may not agree, but I stick up for my sisters."

"Of course, I don't agree!" said Olivia Mae, "I have sisters and —"

"Like I said, you don't have to like your sisters, but I love mine even when we fight over so many stupid things. What's going on? Why bring this up all of a sudden? Did you fight again with Laura Leigh?"

"No, it's just you should see Ciara again. Oh and I bet she'd love Odette!"

"Even if I do see her, I won't introduce Odette to her," said Mei. Her whole demeanor changed at the mention of Odette. Mei suddenly understood what Olivia Mae really wanted and she didn't appreciate it.

"Who's taking care of her? Who's taking care of her after what Hua did? I get it, Hua's your sister, but how could you stick up to her after what she did. It wasn't Ciara and you know it."

Mei could only glare at Olivia Mae since she didn't know what to say that she already hadn't to defend Hua. Finally, she regained her voice.