Chapter One

—[CHAPTER ONE]—

[CHAPTER ONE]

"A GIRL?" said a middle aged woman as she stared at her husband in disbelief, "Are you sure?"

"Yes," he replied, "Down by the river."

Margot bit her lip as she stared at her husband, who was packing a few things in a bag.

"I don't think this is such a good idea, Robbie," said Margot, "What if it's a trap?"

"There's only one way we can find out," said Robbie, "This girl can't be older than in her late teens. I have to help her. I'll bring her here and then we can call Dumbledore, how does that sound?"

". . .Alright," Margot agreed, "I'll come with you."

The trip to the river was just like so many others they made, but they knew it wasn't. This time, they were going to go look for a girl that they knew nothing about. Robbie was quick, despite the limp in his steps. Margot was awfully slow to keep up with him, but she made sure to not stray too far from him.

Robbie suddenly stopped, handing the bag to Margot as he picked up his pace. Margot was quickly behind him. She peered at the body, a gasp emitting from her lips.

"Is she dead?"

Robbie checked for a pulse before shaking his head, "Her pulse is faint, but it's there."

Margot kneeled down beside Robbie and observed the girl. She looked to be quite a beautiful girl before she somehow landed herself in the river. Her blonde hair was spread out all around her in a messy fashion, it was dirty and matted. Margot could only imagine that it was once soft and straight, like silk. Her skin was deathly pale and her lips were a purple color. She was cold at the touch. She really did look dead.

Her blue dress was ripped and was smudged with mud. They knew she must have been from a wealthy family as the dress seemed to be made from silk. She was missing her shoes and socks.

Robbie picked her up, her body was limp. Margot opened the bag and pulled out the blanket Robbie packed, handing it to him. Robbie wrapped it around the girl before they headed back to their house.

Robbie placed her down in their bedroom before he left her to Margot. He went to send a patronus to Albus Dumbledore, he would know what to do. Until then Margot was left to care for the girl to the best of her ability.

Margot went and started the bath with hot water. She lifted the girl and placed her in the tub. Margot locked the door before turning her attention to the teenage girl. Margot allowed her to soak and only really washed the girl's hair. She was sure her shampoo and conditioner was nothing compared to the luxuries the girl grew up with, but it would have to do.Once she finished rinsing out her hair, she drained the water. She dried the girl's hair gently.