Chapter Seventeen

—[CHAPTER SEVENTEEN]—

[CHAPTER SEVENTEEN]

ODETTE WASN'T LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT NIGHT. She felt guilty and awful about the thoughts that swarmed in her head. Aditi slammed her head on the table, bringing Odette back to the conversation.

"You know who you can't be easy around?" said Aditi, "Slytherins!"

"Relax, you're not the one who is playing them tomorrow," said Olivia Mae.

"I know," said Aditi, "But still, I don't want to support Gryffindor either."

"Then, don't go," said Mei.

"But Pawel Prick is making us go," said Aditi, "He wants us to examine Gryffindor's and Slytherin's tatics."

"That's stupid," said Olivia Mae, "He has to know that all the houses use different tatics based on who they're playing."

"He's stupid, Livi," said Aditi, "Don't be surprised."

"Odette!" said Xia as she ran up to her, "Let's go now before my dorm gets crowded! If we get there first, I can kick out anyone who attempts to enter."

"You don't have to do tha —"

"It's natural," said Xia, waving her off, "My dorm mates do it to me all the time."

"Because you don't let them sleep," said Mei, "Now get out of here, I've been seeing your face too much this year."

"I don't want to be around you any longer either," said Xia, "I'm only here for Odette, who clearly likes me better, yet still hangs out with you for some odd reason."

"I don't play favourites, Xia," said Odette.

It wasn't a lie. Odette didn't have a favourite Xun sister, but that was because they both were important to her for different reasons. Without Mei, Odette would be one disgrace of a Ravenclaw and without Xia, Odette would be a lot more oblivious to certain things. While she hated that the sisters were very opinionated, she had to admit that it wasn't all too bad.

"Goodnight, Odette," said Mei before Odette was dragged away by Xia.

She figured it would be a lot easier if she didn't show her face too much, but that only seemed to make Xia suspicious.

Odette jumped back when Xia pressed a cold hand against her forehead.

"Are you okay, Odette?" asked Xia as she pulled her hand away, "You're acting very strange."

"It must have been dinner," said Odette, "but I'm fine, just uncomfortable."

That wasn't entirely a lie, Odette did feel really uncomfortable. She really wished she just had the guts to speak to Xia rather than gain information using a tactic that could ruin her friendship. However, Odette doubted that would happen as she had carefully thought out her plan. Still, it was risky.