Chapter Thirty-One

—[CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE]—

[CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE]

OLIVIA MAE WAS GOSSIPING with a small group of girls that morning. Odette was quite hesitant as she approached. However, if anyone knew anything about the students it was Olivia Mae.

Olivia Mae had just popped a carrot into her mouth when she spotted Odette approaching. Olivia Mae crossed her arms and leaned over the table. She smiled, "Well, well, well, look who it is! Odette."

The other girls looked up at Odette and a few giggled. Odette was sure Olivia Mae had mentioned her during their morning gossip session.

"Olivia Mae," greeted Odette, "I have a question."

"Mei is sleeping," said Olivia Mei boredly, "And I rather not discuss anything else about that family. They're currently on my nerves."

"It's not about them," said Odette, "It's about Cassandra DeBon."

"Who?"

"Cassandra DeBon."

"What year is she in?"

"I'm not sure, but she looked around our age."

Olivia Mae looked around at the girls around her. They all just stared at one another before Olivia Mae looked back up at Odette, "There's no Cassandra DeBon in Hogwarts. There's a Cassandra DeLuk in fourth year, but not a Cassandra DeBon."

Odette felt the color leave her face as she shook her head, "I'm certain she said her name was Cassandra DeBon. You have to be wrong. I'm wrong. How could you know everyone here?"

Olivia Mae shrugged, "Doubt all you want, but there is no Cassandra DeBon here."

A girl on Olivia Mae's left let out a giggle before she said, "Don't look so pale. She could have just lied about her name. It's not so hard, you know."

The girls grinned and a few snickered. Olivia Mae nudged them with her elbow, but she also had a smile on her lips.

"Where did you meet this Cassandra you speak of?" asked Olivia Mae.

"In the lavatory this morning," responded Odette. The smile dropped from Olivia Mae's face. The other girls stopped with their jokes and watched as Olivia Mae stood up.

"I need to go speak to someone. I suggest you go and do something to get rid of those eye bags of yours. They look awful," Olivia Mae bade goodbye to her gossip buddies and hurried out of the library.

The girls stared at Odette until Odette waved — rather awkwardly, might she add — and hurried out of the Great Hall.

She had no luck in finding Olivia Mae, so she decided to go spend some time outside before she had to meet up with Benny in the library. It wasn't a very nice day outside, which might have explained the lack of students outside. However, it wasn't too bad in her opinion. She walked around the castle, lost in thought.