Chapter Twenty-Nine

—[CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE]—

[CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE]

SHE THOUGHT OF ALL DIFFERENT KIND OF SCENERIOS. Did her family drink hot chocolate while they crowded around the fireplace telling stories. Did they crowd around the brightly lit tree filled with just as brightly wrapped gifts? Did they spend the day in their nightclothes, blankets constantly falling off their shoulders? Or perhaps they dressed in fine clothing the colors of Christmas.

Did one of her siblings stuff as much marshmallows into their mouth until they got chastised? Did they play music and dance to it like there was no tomorrow? Did they all cook together or eat dinner together? Would Odette eat way more than she should have and collapse on the sofa while her siblings teased her?

Would she and her siblings go outside and play in the snow until they were called back inside? Did she look forward to Christmas every year?

All these scenarios that she would never get to experience again even if she did find her family. For all she knew, she could be completely wrong. Christmas could have been just another day for her family. However, she didn't want to think like that.

The idea of Christmas made her feel warm and perhaps that was because Christmas was warm in the Xun residence. It was the one day Liu wasn't constantly yelling at her daughters for running around the house or for coming inside all wet. She didn't go after Lynwood for no reason. It was what Odette would imagine a perfect day to be like. She almost didn't want it to end.

However, it did and she was quite happy to be returning to Hogwarts. She couldn't exactly tell Regulus the new information she found, but she couldn't wait to see him again.

Accompanying her and the Xun sisters (minus Hua) was Lynwood and Liu. Lynwood insisted in joining them and after a bit, Hua allowed him to go.

"You won't disappear again, will you?" said Xia to Lynwood.

He laughed, "I never disappeared, Xia, you're always free to send an owl."

"I know, but it's a lot more comforting to know you're at home with Hua and your children."

They shared a hug before Xia pulled and bade goodbye to her mum. Mei did the same.

"Take care of Hua, she's been close to pulling all her hair out," said Mei.

"I will, don't you worry a thing," said Lynwood, "Have fun and don't get into trouble!"

Liu pulled Odette into a hug before the blonde girl could walk away.

"I don't usually give hugs, so feel special."

Odette laughed, "I feel very special, don't worry."

"Odette," said Lynwood.

Odette turned to face him, "Yes?"

"I know we didn't really spend a lot of time together, I've been so busy with my return. We don't know each other that well yet, but don't hesitate to reach out to me, okay? Think of me as your older brother."