Chapter Six

—[CHAPTER SIX]—

[CHAPTER SIX]

"ARE YOU SURE YOU'LL BE OKAY?" asked Liu.

Liu, Mei, and Xia were heading out. They told Odette that they were going to go visit that home that she first met Liu at. They asked Odette if she wanted to join them, but Odette declined the offer. She figured the offer was made to be polite as the whole place they were heading to was secretive. They wouldn't even tell her what was so important about that house, nor mention the name or who the house belonged to.

Odette nodded for what felt like the millionth time.

"We should be back by dinner," said Liu, "I'll make sure to tell Hua to come and check up on you."

"You don't have to," said Odette, "I could manage."

"Are you certain?" asked Liu again.

"I'm positively certain," said Odette with a small smile.

Liu smiled, but Odette could see the worry on her face.

"I'll make Hua bring you lunch, is that alright?"

"If that makes you feel better, yeah," said Odette.

She didn't need Hua to bring her lunch, she could easily make a sandwich or salad, she knew where all the things were from watching the Xuns in the kitchen. However, it might just ease Liu's worries if she agreed to have Hua check up on her and bring her lunch.

"Mum! Odette will be fine," said Mei, poking her head inside the house.

"I know, I know," said Liu, "I'll see you tonight, Odette."

Odette nodded. Mei turned to Odette after her mother left the house.

"Review the books," she said, "No procrastinating."

"I won't!" laughed Odette, "I promise."

"Good," said Mei, "Oh, and one last thing. Please try not to accidentally lock yourself in a closet again."

"That was one time," said Odette.

"Just because it was once doesn't mean it won't happen again," said Mei.

"Mei! Let's go!" said Xia, "Bye Odette!"

Odette waved before the door was locked and they were gone. Odette looked down at the table where the books were sprawled out on.