Chapter Eight

[CHAPTER EIGHT]

"ODETTE! OVER HERE!"

Thankfully, Mei had taken it upon herself to be Odette's time manager. She had created a schedule that would help Odette have enough time to learn, but enough time so Odette wouldn't pull out her hair.

Hua had gotten Giotto to babysit again and invited Odette to join her in the second part of the lesson. Odette didn't hesitate to accept. Mei and Xia tagged along, despite neither of them enjoying to play Quidditch. As Xia stated many times, she would rather sit on the stands than be out on the field.

Odette was introduced to a couple friends that the three sisters invited to join them in their game of Quidditch. Mei was originally upset that Aditi couldn't join as she was out of the country, but Mei cheered up rather quickly when Bray accepted the invitation.

There wasn't fourteen people like there would usually be, simply because the Xun sisters were very picky about who they invited. Instead of three chasers per team, there was only two, one seeker, one keeper, and one beater. So in total, the Xun sisters invited six people.

The Xun sisters were all on the same team with Odette and Bray (upon Mei's request). On the opposite team was Lola (Xia's friend), Desiree (Hua's friend), Artair (Hua's friend), Cairbre (Artair's brother), and Charissa (Olivia Mae's sister).

The game was rather messy, but Odette barely realized. She played different roles and had currently been playing as a chaser when Xia shouted at her.

Odette's least favorite role had been the beater position as the Bludgers scared her. Once or twice she had sent the Bludgers towards her own teammates. She also crashed into the hoop a couple of times while trying to stop a Quaffle. She enjoyed the role of seeker, except she got distracted easily and it was easy for the Golden Snitch to get passed her. The chaser position wasn't bad either, except she had weak arms and could not throw far enough to save a life.

She wasn't alone though as both Mei and Xia weren't good players either. She felt a lot better when the two made similar mistakes as she had, as long as they didn't get hurt that was. Other than that, Odette enjoyed Quidditch, she just wasn't the best at it, she wasn't even decent.

"I got it!" shouted Hua, raising her hand to reveal the Golden Snitch.

"That's not fair!" said Desiree, "You're clearly the best player here. You rock with whatever position you play."

"Yes, I know," said Hua.

They all went back to the ground with the exception of Hua and Bray, who caught the bludgers before they strapped them into the trunk.

"Hua!" called out Mei, "Can we visit The Three Broomsticks now? You promised us."

"You're an adult, go yourself," said Hua.

"I can't!" cried out Mei, "I failed my exam!"

"Ha!" laughed Xia.

"Oh shut up!" said Mei, "I bet you'll apparate inside a toilet."

"I'd rather apparate inside a toilet than end up seeing my legs on the opposite side of the room. That would traumatize me," said Xia.

"You got splinched?" said Bray, his eyes wide as he stared at Mei.

"No!" said Mei, "Well — yes, but it wasn't that bad."

"Wasn't that bad?" repeated Xia, "Madam Pomfrey had to come get me because you wouldn't stop crying."

"Xia, I will make you shut up if you don't."

"Hey, look on the bright side!" said Xia, "You'll get to take the classes with me, so you'll be able to watch and learn."