Chapter Twenty-Eight

[CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT]

THE SUNRISE WAS JUST AS BEAUTIFUL AS THE SUNSET, but Odette liked it a lot less. The reason was simple; she wasn't supposed to be able to witness it. Odette would much rather be sleeping in her bed than staring out the window. Even worse, there was no one awake to keep her company. The Xun sisters only woke up early when Liu was around for breakfast, but Liu hasn't been around in the morning lately. She'll go to sleep and be gone by the time any one woke up.

Sometimes Hua or Mei would join her, but they usually just stayed home and complained about how bored they were. They were still arguing, but a lot less than before.

To be frank, Odette couldn't wait to return to Hogwarts. Perhaps, it was because she was anxious to get the year over or. . .something else. She wasn't sure what it was, but it wanted to lead her back to Hogwarts.

Odette leaned her head against the window. It was cold, yet it felt nice against her warm skin. Her eyes fluttered close, but her door swung open before she could even try to relax. Odette sat up and looked over at the direction of the door. Mei was breathing heavily as she used the door to support herself.

"I'm never. . .not again. . .why. . .so . . .stupid," she breathed out.

"Mei? Are you okay?" asked Odette as she furrowed her eyebrows. Mei nodded.

"Yeah. . .fine. . .me. . .I am . . .okay. . .I am," said Mei.

"Why are you repeating everything?"

"I can't think when I'm out of breath!"

"You can clearly think when you need to raise your voice," mumbled Odette. Mei didn't hear her, which was probably for the best.

"Odette!" said Mei as she straightened up and dusted herself off.

"That's me," said Odette, ". . .or my grandma."

"What?"

"Nothing."

Mei stared at her before she shrugged it off, "I want to introduce you to someone."

"This early? I didn't even know you were awake."

"I woke up a moment ago," said Mei, "Come on! He doesn't have much time left."

There was heavy footsteps on the stairs and Xia ran inside the room.

"What happened to privacy?" said Odette as she pressed her back against the window.

"The door was open," said Xia.

"It wasn't when Mei barged in."

"We don't have much time! He has somewhere to be," said Xia as Mei grabbed Odette's wrist and pulled her up to her feet.

"Hey! I didn't agree to this," said Odette as she tugged her arm away. Mei only tightened her grip.

"You'll get along. . .I think," said Xia.

"Think?"

They climbed down the stairs in a hurried manner and Odette was quick to spot a dark-haired man in the living room. His back was facing her as he seemed to be playing with Emery.