~ Part 80 ~

My heart was beating out of my chest when Colby and the other two returned to the room. My boyfriend came straight over to me, which I was grateful for, and connected both of our hands. My ears returned to normal as well as my hearing as I laid my head on his chest. His eyes were locked on me and I could feel it. He was about to go full protective mode. "So..." Sam started when he sat back down on the couch, Elton copying him. "This is going to be quite difficult."

"I don't see what the big deal is, honestly. Sure, she killed an old vampire. It's not like it's never happened before and he was clearly not experienced enough if he got himself killed in the first place." Aaron's voice rang of annoyance and he was looking at everyone's reactions to his words.

"Yeah but when you really think about it, they've lost a member of their clan." Kevin reminded him, sending him a short but meaningful glare.

"Since when did the old vampires even like each other? They're each other's competition." Mike sided with Aaron looking just as scared as I felt. I didn't want to admit that I was scared because that made me seem weak but I definitely felt scared.

"Apparently not anymore. They're asking for a war at this point." Colby finally spoke up. The vibrations from his voice sent chills down my spine.

"But we can't go to war, Colby." Sam replied quick as the flash. He stood up to make his point clearer. "I have Kat, Corey has Devyn, Jake has Tara, Mike has Cathy, and you have Vanessa. There is no way they could be one hundred percent protected when we would have to be the ones fighting." Sam argued with his leader and best friend with an expert point. Not that I wanted to be protected.

"I wouldn't need protecting." I flashed my sharp teeth and purple eyes at him, pulling away from Colby completely. He watched me with a strange expression on his face.

"Well, you wouldn't be fighting either." Elton snorted, laughing but also not. He gave me a look as if I was crazy then turned to Colby. "He wouldn't let you get into harms way."

"He wouldn't have a choice." I glared back at Colby then smiled at him and turned back to the others. "Plus, we won't go to war. We'll figure all of this out and fix it before it gets to that point." They all seemed to be looking up at me and it empowered me, making me feel like a leader.

"First off, we need to sort him out." Colby motioned to the surprisingly motionless vampire still lying on the floor. He hadn't regained his full strength yet. "And I think we should all reconsider if we want to help him without knowing the real story."

"Agreed." Sam stepped closer to Colby, nudging his arm. I hope everything works out. It has to.