~ Part 68 ~ Colby

It was excruciatingly painful to sit in the car and watch the city go slowly by. Of course, she seemed to be enjoying herself, the soft breeze and watching the people rather than the streets. And she's what matters so this is all worth it. But still, I was itching to get out of the damn seat and speed somewhere, anywhere. Finally, the street appeared. I felt a jolt of excitement shoot through me at the thought of running inside. Except... Ness might still be recovering. "Just give it a second." She said suddenly from beside me. I frowned, turning my head to my girlfriend. "I can feel how anxious you are to get out, just wait." A small smirk was attempting to show on her face, making me narrow my eyes.

"Just because you don't have vampire speed." She pulled up on the drive in her usual spot. Usual spot. That sounds kinda nice when talking about her at my house.

"Shut up, I have multiple forms, you only have two." She narrowed her eyes right back, opening the car door to get out. I saw my opportunity and took it, speeding out of the car and round to her side to help her out. She gave me a little glare but accepted the hand I'd held out for her. She even kept it in hers. "I wonder what the guys will think of my surprise." She thought out loud to me, kind of staring up at the sky on our way up the front steps.

"I'm pretty sure they'll be surprised." I replied as I closed the big wooden doors behind us gently. The first time ever I haven't slammed them at full force or at least half force. Vanessa rolled her eyes.

"I kinda can't wait to show them though." She almost clapped her hands like a typical teenage girl on her way towards the garage. My eyes wouldn't leave her for one second. I was fixated on how cute she looked.

"Ooo, I'm excited." Corey said quietly from the very room we were headed towards.

"Better be good." Mike added with a slight teasing tone to his voice. I rolled my eyes without Ness seeing and reached out for the door to let her inside.

"You have something to show us?" Kevin asked immediately. So much for being natural and calm. I watched as his eyes looked Vanessa's body up and down. He smelled a little of attraction. Sure, she looks good but that doesn't mean he's allowed to look at her like that. I automatically growled intimidatingly at my friend for his flirty manner. Vanessa just pushed my chest causing me to fall down into the beanbag. I let her, obviously.

"Yes and you guys may be freaked out at first." She warned them looking towards the human girls. They learned that their boyfriends were vampires as well as all of their friends PLUS they let them feed on them... I think they'll be fine.

"Go for it." Sam pulled Katrina closer to him as if my girlfriend was a threat. Which she technically was but not to us. Not anymore, anyways. Vanessa sent me a wink as she took a deep breath.