~ Part 40 ~

Arms constricted my movement when I woke up in a bed that definitely wasn't mine. The covers felt different and the mattress was more comfortable. I blinked a few times to wake up properly and looked around. Unfortunately, all I could see was the skin of Colby's neck. He sounded asleep and didn't react when I leaned my head back. I realised I was in Colby's bed in his room. That meant I was also still in the damn house of vampires. Colby stirred in his sleep next to me, his arms loosening as he rolled onto his back. I took the opportunity to slip out of his bed seeing that it was already dark outside once more. I walked out of Colby's room quietly and went downstairs, which sounded pretty empty. I figured that if anyone was around, they'd be in the garage, so I went straight there, opening the door to reveal Corey, Devyn and Sam sat on the couch together. Their heads turned to me and the corner of Corey's lips turned upwards. "Hey, Vanessa." Sam greeted, a smile newly on his face. He motioned to the bean bag chair next to the couch and looked back at the couple next to him.

"Good sleep?" Devyn asked me, her voice quiet and polite. She wasn't scared, don't get me wrong, but there was definitely something off with her.

"Yeah, thanks." I sent her a little smile and yawned, lying back into the beanbag. "I'm still not one hundred percent awake to be honest."

"Me all the time." Corey joked, waving his hand then glancing at the door. I followed his gaze to see Jake entering with Tara. I swear they're inseparable. I've never REALLY seen them apart.

"Ah! Vanessa is an early bird! I told you!" Tara exclaimed as she sat down on Jake's lap proud of herself. Jake rolled his eyes with a smile then looked at me.

"Morning, Vanessa." I nodded politely at him, trying not to smile myself. "Colby's always the last up. Mike, Kevin, and Elton usually even get here before he comes downstairs."

"He didn't wake up that late yesterday." I let it slip that he was with me. I guessed that they either knew or had figured it out already so I cleared my throat and continued to act casual.

"Your place must have magical powers then." Sam shrugged and smiled at me, focusing his attention on the room above him. "Kat's woken up. I don't want her to be alone." And with that, he had disappeared through the garage door to get upstairs. That's really cute.

"Sounds like pretty much everyone just woke up." Corey's eyes met mine. "Pretty much." He repeated, staring me down. I sighed and pulled my phone out of my pocket, going on some social media for something to do. Soon enough, Aaron, Sam and Kat were in the garage with us and Mike and Kevin arrived together. Apparently, Jade was staying with Eric for a while and Cathy was having some time to herself. I just accepted my friend's excuses.

"He should really wake up earlier." Mike complained as he leaned forwards on his knees looking bored out of his mind. I smiled and shook my head thinking of my boyfriend.

"Or maybe you should all sleep later." I suggested, brushing my hand through my hair. Kevin and Mike looked at each other before they shrugged and laughed, shaking their heads. I rolled my eyes and watched them being stupid. Suddenly, all of their heads turned to the ceiling and they stopped talking and all other movement. "The beast has awaken."