~ Part 27 ~ Colby

I panicked in that moment. Realising that my control was slipping away from me. She pulled me by my hand inside her apartment. I was completely shocked that she, a hunter, really trusted me that much. "That was probably really dumb." My fangs almost slipped out but I fought against them. She stepped closer, bringing her already omnipresent scent closer to my nose.

"Anything to stop this feeling in my tattoo." I glanced at it so fast she wouldn't have been able to see it then wrapped my arms around her waist. I was seriously testing myself with this and it was driving me crazy.

"Your scent..." I gulped. "It's intoxicating." I decided to take a risk that could get me staked. I took a deep breath close to her neck, the smell filling my senses and making me turn without my permission. My fangs dropped down into my mouth, almost cutting my tongue. Her eyes watched me and I smelt her attraction to me. Loud and clear. It made me smile, my fangs probably showing through. "Why aren't you staking me?" I questioned, genuinely confused.

"Because I physically can't." Her hands touched my chest and slid up to my neck. My insides were starting to twist and turn at the sight of her so close to me. I felt... human even. My fangs shot back up and my face returned to normal. "Besides, I know you have enough control not to bite me." She got dangerously close to me. I didn't feel like I had that control. My monster was on the verge of coming back to bite her and I wouldn't be able to stop. She'd taste too good.

"But what if I don't?" I asked, honestly terrified. Ever since I'd become a vampire, I'd not once been even a little scared of anything. No person and no other vampire. But here I was, scared that I'd bite someone. A hunter of all people.

"You do. I know it." Our noses were touching. That's how close we were. That's how close her blood was to my nose and it didn't help that she was blushing ever so slightly. I started to lean in, being driven crazy by how close she was to my body. Soon enough, her fingers tangled into my hair and she pulled me further in. Our lips connected for the second time ever and it made my head do flips. I didn't know how to react just yet.