~ Part 22 ~

Colby just shrugged. He didn't want to be talked about either, I could see it on his face as his eyes met mine, that blue staring into my soul. I looked away quickly down to my hands. My tattoo was pulsating against my skin. So hard it almost hurt. Why is he so special? Most of the vampire heads turned to look at me. What for, though, I wasn't sure. Not until I felt my own heart beating fast. I took some breaths to calm it but nothing was happening. Instead my rage was building. Because of course, that's what happens when your body doesn't know what emotion to feel. "What's going on over there, Vanessa?" Sam asked with a smirk on his face. If he wasn't technically a friend, I would have thrown something at him. My eyes flicked to meet his.

"Nothing's happening." I snapped at him. My anger levels were through the roof and I didn't even know why. I was just mad. Probably at myself for that damn fluttering.

"Ness." Jade frowned at me as if I was a monster. I glared at the vampires before standing up and storming out of the room, slamming the door as hard as I could. The sound rang throughout the entire house, echoing. I made my way out to the front yard and sat on top of my car, legs crossed and looking up at the stars. The vampires were all right there inside the garage not far behind me. Kevin would be the closest. My heartbeat slowed and my head began to clear. The way the stars twinkled peacefully in the sky calmed me. Though my tattoo still burned of flutters. As strange as that is. The music could still be heard even in the drive out front coming from the garage and there was a few voices coming from it too. It made me smile ever so slightly. WAIT WHY AM I SMILING?! They are vampires. I shouldn't even be here. Just before I could get off of the roof, I heard my phone ringing from my pocket. I took it out and saw my mother's phone number across the top. After a sigh, I answered.

"Your father is worried." She said immediately. I raised an eyebrow.

"Hello, I'm doing good thanks, how about you?" I said sarcastically. My mother paused for a moment and I could imagine her rolling her eyes at my childish behaviour. They'd probably talk about it later.

"Vanessa, I'm serious." She said. "He's worried about where you are. He said he has a bad feeling." She sounded worried and that softened my heart ever so slightly.

"What do you mean a bad feeling?" I questioned as I looked around me. I mean, I was right outside a house full of vampires where two of my hunter friends and three humans were.

"I mean a vampire bad feeling. He thinks you're being hunted or something. I don't really understand." I bit my lip. So it is about the huge house behind me. I silently gulped and let out a little chuckle.

"I'm fine, mother. And tell father, too. Trust me, I'm completely safe." I paused, glancing back at the white house. "Jade's with me." My mother didn't speak for what felt like forever.

"As long as you're sure. You can take care of yourself anyways." I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "Alright then, talk to you another time."

"Bye." She hung up on me. A quiet footstep alerted me of someone's presence. I turned immediately.