~ Part 51 ~ Colby

I heard Vanessa's heart picking up speed and her breathing become uneven. I knew she was awake and that brought so much comfort to me that all of my previous worries just slipped away. Her eyes opened and she sat up straight quickly. I knew it was too much for her to do so fast so I went to reach out to her. "Lie down." I said making her jump. I almost smiled when she turned around and saw me lying there, her eyes trailing over my bare chest before she did as I'd asked. "You lost..." do I tell her the truth? That I almost killed her? "Well, I'm not gonna lie, a lot of blood. I almost didn't stop." I bit my lip waiting for her to stake me or do something, anything. To my surprise, she leaned over and kissed my lips slowly. My control for something that wasn't vampirism wasn't the best as I made the kiss harsher, more passionate. I'd missed her over the last day.

"You still stopped." She whispered against my lips. I could hear how tired and weak she still was so I sped away from her to the kitchen to grab the food I'd already made in case she woke up. I sped back to find she was still leaning on thin air where I used to be.

"You need food." I said, handing the plate to her and leaning back in the bed. She sat up using my hand for support. I watched her look at the food. "Here." She finally completely took the plate and began eating. Relief flowed through me for the second time. She'd be okay. I didn't even realise I was watching her until her body's scent got stronger. She's blushing.

"How long have I been asleep?" The one question I absolutely dreaded. I could tell she wasn't as foggy as she was when she woke up so she'd probably get mad at me. She gave me a look that seemed worried and a bit angry. "Colby, how long?" Her voice was stern, not shouting, just stern.

"A day..." her jaw dropped as she continued to stare at me. I was cringing at her reaction, terrified that I'd loose her. Her body came completely back to normal. I could tell because I could smell the blood replaced properly and her heart beating faster from anger.

"You tell me this before you act nice, Colby." She reached out for her phone, which had been going off insistently for the past day, which is why I'd silenced it. She was reading the texts that'd come through. "Colby!" She groaned in annoyance. I almost smiled at how worried she was. Her head even dropped into her hands and she sighed. I sat up, leaning in close to her ear.

"It's okay." I whispered, my hand shifting her hair. I felt the need to make her feel something so I traced my fingers over her bite mark. "Jade and Cathy have told your parents that you've broken your phone and gone on a few days vacation somewhere in LA, that you needed a little break." She was listening and that meant she might calm down. In fact, she wasn't radiating anger anymore. Knowing what else she'd ask, I said: "And they think that we're just having some time to ourselves." I decided to test myself and kiss the skin with the small puncture holes. "Which we kinda are." I smirked, not that she could see.

"Still, my parents might be suspicious now." She turned to look at me, worry on her face.