~ Part 16 ~

After a few moments, I broke my gaze from Colby's and met Jade's. She looked nervous but calmer than I expected her to look. It was as if she was taking in the information and the people here but had not quite processed it all yet. I turned to look at Cathy, who was smiling at me pleadingly. She knew I wanted to leave, even if I'd lose the ability to occasionally look at the hottest guy I've ever seen in my life. He's a vampire though so I guess I'll just be looking at him forever. "Where do I sit?" Jade asked. I glanced back at her to see her pretending to be confident. She didn't want the vampires to know they made her nervous even though they'd know because of her heartbeat. Even I could tell how fast it was going.

"I guess you'll have to find seats on our laps." Kevin replied with one of the biggest smirks I've ever seen on his face. I noticed Colby looking slightly... worried. I scoffed.

"Strega." I said confidently. I watched my hand become paler and felt my power creeping over my entire body and mind. I loved this form of being a hunter. It's how people used to make new weapons, they'd become 'Strega' and manifest materials out of nothing. Speaking of, I waved my hand whilst thinking of two chairs. Kind of throne like but mainly just comfortable. Sure enough, they manifested in the middle of the room. The vampires, having never seen anything like that before, stared in amazement. I just smiled at Kevin, not meaning it, and sat down as I turned back into a human.

"Wow." Tara said out loud. She was completely starstruck too. Jade sat next to me with a small smile on her face. Just then, one of them, Colby - the hottie, growled. I saw his face, his eyes changing into that milky white colour that meant he was changing. I was ready to change as well but I didn't since Sam sped over to him and dragged him out of the room at vampire speed.

"Sorry." Mike gave me an apologetic look, flicking his gaze between Jade and I. "He has trouble when he's around so many humans." My eyes met with each one of the girls and I just nodded casually, leaning back.

"He's still a leech. Just like all of you." I replied. Jade hit my arm as if I had said something wrong. She shook her head at me, looking angry. Before I could ask what I'd done, Sam re-entered the room. He placed Katrina back on his lap.

"Sorry, he's trying not to kill you." He said. I rolled my eyes, looking at Cathy. The front door opened and slammed. "Also, leech? Ouch, that hurts." I rolled my eyes again, still not taking my eyes away from my best friend. She knew full well why I was staring at her. I was scolding her.

"You don't get hurt." I replied angrily. "And if he can't control himself, then I guess we'll have to rid of him." That earned a few growls around the room.

"Not gonna happen." Jake was almost completely in his vampire form. His eyes were completely white, a blue dot in the centre, but the skin beneath his eyes hadn't turned black yet.

"Jake, chill." Elton was calm. He put his hand on Jakes shoulder to calm him too. "They wouldn't get close."

"Wanna go?" I got up, pushing the chair back against the wall. It hit it with such force that it almost broke. The vampires looked between it, me, and Elton. They weren't sure what to do but they were definitely smirking just a little.

"I'm just saying there's a lot more of us than there is of you. And we're naturally stronger." Jade laughed at the whole thing.

"Why don't we just leave?" I looked back at her. She gave me a meaningful look before standing.

"Sure. Have fun, monsters." My voice sounded like a growl. The two of us walked quickly out of the house to her car. "Ugh."

"Get over yourself." Jade scolded. "They didn't try to kill us, now did they?"