~ Part 62 ~

"So Colby likes dogs now." Aaron said, a teasing tone in his voice. Before Colby could even think of reacting, I growled at him, deep in my throat and very aggressive. I could see my eyes flashing purple from the reflection of some metal behind the tall vampire. I also knew my teeth had gotten sharp for a second.

"Woah, that's cool as fuck." Elton admitted, staring at me for a second. I knew Colby wouldn't like it so I leaned back on my boyfriend. "But you stay away from my dog." Elton teased, pointing his finger at Colby. I looked between them confused.

"You have a dog?" I questioned as I sniffed the air. Sure enough, there was the scent of another mongrel.

"Circa!" Elton yelled. Everyone waited for the big white dog to strut into the room proudly. It went straight to Elton, seemingly scared of everyone else because it's tail was tucked in between its legs. "She only trusts me." We'll see about that. I moved away from Colby, sitting on my knees on the floor and I gently growled at the dog. She stared at me for a moment before she started to creep towards me. I tilted my head to the side and growled again causing her to practically run to me. She came straight onto my lap, resting her head on my thigh and closing her eyes. I couldn't help but smirk up at Elton.

"Oh, this is gonna be even more fun." Jake smirked widely, looking between Elton and I. Tara looked up at her boyfriend, shook her head, then looked back to me.

"They aren't gonna fight, Jake. Colby would never allow it." She was smirking now and looking at Colby, the vampire who'd so easily stole my heart. I watched him snarl at her, only making me feel some type of way inside.

"Oh, please. Like he could ever tell me what to do." I challenged him right there and then, smirking with Circa still on my lap. We growled at each other playfully. Somehow, it sounded flirty.

"I feel like we should leave them alone." Sam said quietly so that everyone could hear. I rolled my eyes at him then placed Circa's head gently on the floor. I sat back down on Colby's lap, burrowing my face into his neck. I was still tired and maybe could get a nap.

"We also have to talk about what this means." Colby said to everyone. He shuffled to sit more upright and took a breath. "Her being a Shifter means that she's no longer part of her clan and their priorities are not on protecting her. That means we have to instead."

"Have to?" Tara challenged with a smirk. She'd practically read my mind only I didn't feel like speaking.

"You know what I mean." Colby had definitely narrowed his eyes at her. "If I'm not with her, I'll need Cathy to be."

"That's no problem. And Mike will probably be with me too." Colby nodded his head in satisfaction. "Unless something happens, that's all we need to discus."