~ Part 26 ~ Colby

After I'd left the house, I found myself incapable of removing her from my head. This girl had me wrapped without me even knowing and without her even trying. Eventually, I decided to return my car and change outfits before leaving the house again. It was nearly half six so everyone was eating human food in the kitchen. No one even dared to ask me where I was going. I ran all the way back to that same apartment building. I could hear Vanessa's laugh in the parking garage and could smell both her and Jade. Cathy and Mike were still at the house. Soon enough, I was stood on her balcony staring out at LA. The beautiful view transfixed me until I could smell Vanessa coming down the hall. I didn't bother listening. I just stared at the view. That's until I heard her heart beating fast. Maybe she knew I was here? Is that possible? I sighed just as she opened the front door. She didn't scream, jump, or anything but I could feel her eyes on me. She walked over to me, opening the glass doors. "Something's happening." I said. "And I don't understand it but I'm drawn to you. When you're around, I keep looking at you and when you're not, I can't stop thinking about you." I lowered my head to rest it on my hands stressfully. I knew she felt some attraction to me but I didn't know if she was in any way drawn to me like I was drawn to her.

"My tattoo." She said. I frowned though she couldn't see it. "It tingles when there's a vampire close by and burns when they're really really close to me. Even worse when they're touching me." Wait, does it physically hurt her to be at the house? How could I allow her to come anymore if it hurt her? "It was put there to make us hunters want, need to kill the vampires to stop the pain." That caught my attention. So they decided to make themselves hurt just for motivation? I'd have to ask more about it another time. "But around you, it flutters." My chest got tight thinking about that. "It flutters like my stomach does around a cute guy or when I'm really nervous." Vanessa gets nervous? She doesn't seem like the type honestly. "I don't know why you're special but it urges me to be around you." My chest got tight again. So she kind of does have the same indescribable pull to me as I have to her. I turned to look at her, not even realising how in control I was when I stared at her eyes. They were so beautiful and seemed curious.

"What's happening to us?" I asked, feeling sort of shy.

"I don't know." If I wasn't a vampire, I probably wouldn't have been able to hear that. Still staring into her eyes, I pushed my hand against the threshold. The white energy keeping me out of her apartment tried to burn my hand. I wouldn't let it, wouldn't focus on that. "I feel the need to trust you." She admitted.

"I feel the same." I somehow knew she wouldn't suddenly murmur that phrase and stab a stake into my heart. I knew I shouldn't have thought it but I did. I sighed. "We're natural enemies. This shouldn't be so..." I couldn't find the right words.

"Easy to accept?" She questioned. I just nodded as she took a small breath and placed her hand against mine, her fingers intertwining with my own. "Come in."