~ Part 44 ~

I waited until the pain, that'd been on my arms the entire time, died down before I turned to Colby. I found him checking out my hunter form but he snapped out of it the moment he snapped back to reality. I changed back into a human and stepped closer to him, taking one of his hands. "Is he bullshitting?" I asked, staring up into his eyes. Colby stared right back for a few moments then sighed.

"If he's talking about the John I think he's talking about then, no, he's not lying." I sighed, leaning my head against Colby's chest, my own rising and falling faster. The pressure was on. "Don't worry, babe." The word slipped off his tongue so easily it almost made me smile in this serious situation. "I know you can take care of yourself but I will stick around and make sure you're safe." His hands slid up my body to my face, making me look at him and holding me quite close all at the same time.

"I don't need your help though." I frowned and placed my hand on his chest. "I can get my clan to help me."

"Or mine." He smirked and slipped his hands under my thighs so fast I didn't see it coming. He lifted me up off the ground, my legs wrapping around his waist.

"Colby, no." I shook my head. "I'm not making your clan seem like an enemy to any other clans. It's bad enough that I'm letting you hang out with me." I smirked towards the end, my hands just now resting on either side of his neck.

"Oh really?" He snarled quietly. "You allow me, huh?" He sped to the couch, throwing me down into it and coming down on top of me. I bit my lip looking at him. "Are you sure?"

"Mm." I was still smirking as I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned up to kiss him. It was the most passionate we'd shared so far and so deep that my head got fuzzy. "I know." I said in between kisses. "That. You would. Stay away. If I. Asked you to." Colby pulled away a little, staring at my face. "So yes, I allow you." I finished. His eyes trailed down my body then locked on my face again.

"I'm glad I found you." He growled out, partly in frustration when he sat up, leaving me lying on the couch. "But now I can't lose you."

"You won't." I laughed and sat up with him, getting closer again. "Because I have something to lose now too." I placed my hand over where his heart should be beating. But he's not human. And that's okay now. He doesn't have to be. "Why would I leave you alone?"

"I know that John. He had a lot of people signed. They thought he was unbeatable." I rolled my eyes and got up.

"But I can't leave you girlfriend-less. You'd be alone forever." I teased as I walked to my kitchen for some food. I'd been kind of negligent with that lately.

"Are you saying I couldn't find another girl?" He challenged, speeding over to me and leaning into my ear. "Because you're right. I don't want anyone else." My heart rate increased and breathing got harder.