~ Part 5 ~

A few members stood up after Cathy had passed out, lying curled up in the middle of the large 'throne room' inside the run-down building. She looked weak and pale, sickly even. I'd never felt so bad. The men and women walked over to my best friend and picked her up by her shoulders and legs, beginning to carry her out of the room. I wanted so badly to reach out and at least brush her hair out of her face, even if it didn't help her in any way. I turned back to Jade, who's eyes had teared up in a similar way as Cathy's. I didn't cry so I wasn't the same but I felt horrible. Especially since I was the one who had done that to her. The bowl was passed via her hands to the Patricks before the family disappeared after Cathy. Jade and I's eyes met in a sad stare. "Miss Cathy is now banished from our hunter's clan. My daughter, Miss Vanessa..." my father began, motioning to me. I sucked in a breath as I walked up to them and stood next to the thrones. My mother's hand casually grabbed mine. She hated all of this just as much as I did. "She will soon become one of the strongest warriors in this room." My eyes darted to my father's in a slight panic whilst my mother's hand tightened.

"What does he mean?" Jade whispered beside me to her parents. I leaned my head to listen to them.

"He simply means that she will be taking her place on the princess throne officially." Miss Alyssa's voice dripped of jealousy when she spoke and I could tell that even Jade had heard it. She'd always wanted to be more than advisor but had never been able to rise above that rank. Then here I was, in the way. I turned back to the members and smiled proudly at myself, tuning back into my father's words. He sounded proud as well but not faking it like I was.

"My wife shall be the one to finalise the deal." He ended, motioning to my mother. She was only human. And that's why I've always hated her being involved in all of this business. Why did my father bring her into this life? She could have stayed at home safely. But no, now she's a useless human who's on the top of every vampire's kill list to hurt my father and our clan.

"Yes, that is right. My daughter will soon become one of the most important members here therefore I expect every single one of you to look out for her and respect her actions." My mother sent me a sneaky wink then continued. "That includes the notion that she may want to have an independent life rather than having body guards, like she has decided, then she may."

"Thank you." My father stood up authoritatively and looked around at everyone. "This meeting is dismissed."