~ Part 73 ~

"We first have to figure out if he's lying to us or not." Sam said, getting down to business snappily. I thought back to the way Edward had moved and looked. The vampire blood smeared on his suit was another pointer towards the possibility of him being genuine however he was PART of the old vampires so it could all be a set up.

"I say he is." Corey replied quickly. His face was stern, nothing like I'd seen it before. I didn't like this side of him or Sam. It was weird and not in a good way.

"Why?" Mike's head flicked to Corey in surprise, a slight shake telling us his opinion. "What do we have to go off that says he's not lying to us to get our trust?" He challenged.

"I've gotta say, he seemed genuine." My voice was quiet but they all heard me. Colby certainly did as he looked at me, watching my face as I looked right back at him. We weren't communicating so much as sharing a bit of a moment.

"I could see lies and honesty." Elton piped up, his hands lightly slamming down on his own legs. He sat up straight to explain. "I think he was being honest about the old vampires going against him thing but I think he was lying as to why. Mainly because he wasn't looking at us when he talked about it, only Vanessa, who it directly effects." Since when was Elton a fucking psychologist? It's anyone's guess.

"I see what you mean." Corey nodded slowly in thought. Kevin flicked his gaze between them and me.

"I vote we trust him." He said, leaning forwards.

"Same." Corey nodded. He hadn't changed his opinion no matter what evidence went against him. "Even if he lied about why they hated him, he still clearly fought one. Plus, we help people. It's our job whenever we can." I sighed and nodded to agree with Corey.

"I trust him, too. He may have followed me twice now but he looked genuinely in trouble." Jade and Cathy stared at me in awe. I wasn't sure why but I just accepted it, looking to Sam, who's mouth had opened to speak.

"I'll trust him as well then. There didn't seem to be anything off about him to me." Jake bit his lip in thought staring at his serious friends. My guess was that he didn't like it just like I didn't. Although, Colby was pretty hot when he was in charge.

"I trust Vanessa and Sam. So I'll agree with you." Colby finally spoke up. The way the others seemed to look up to him made me smile inside. Especially him saying that he trusts me. I'm up there with Sam and damn is that a privilege.

"We trust Vanessa." Cathy took Jade's hand confidently, smiling at me.

"Then it's settled. We'll agree to the deal with Edward." Everyone nodded slowly. I hope this was the right choice...