~ Part 57 ~

"He hasn't compelled me. I just love him." I said honestly. I'd had a feeling ever since he kissed me for the first time and it hit me hard when he called me his. I knew for a fact I couldn't let him go and he couldn't let me go either. The eyes on me weren't making me nervous, either. I didn't care about them.

"You do?" Colby's voice sounded so innocent and childish that it made my heart flutter. I turned to face him and smiled, nodding. I reached my hand up to touch his face, tracing my thumb against his cheekbone. His quietly growled, which sounded more like a pur.

"Vanessa!" Cathy exclaimed. Everything turned into a blur when I saw my father coming at Colby with a stake. I used all of my hunter strength to push him away and roared. That's right, I fucking roared. I roared at my father, making him stop dead in his tracks to look at me. Something felt weird... as if I had an extra limb or something and I could suddenly hear things that I couldn't normally hear such as the beating of my friend and family's hearts.

"Wha-" My father didn't have words. I looked down at my hands to see my nails were unusually long. There was something in my mouth... fangs? No, just sharp teeth.

"I knew it!" Jade shrieked excitedly. She ran past my parents to get to me and stare at what I didn't know I looked like.

"You knew what? What's happening to me?" I was terrified. What was I becoming? Jade reached out above my head and touched... my ears? I thought my ears were on the side of my head not on top. She petted them and my heart rate decreased immediately.

"There's a story." She said, turning back to my parents. I could feel that Colby was behind me but I knew he was just as shocked. He didn't seem to be able to move back there. "When a princess hunter falls in love with a vampire and he feeds on her, she'll do anything to protect him and vice versa. This provoked a different side of the hunters only accessed from once fed from, that's not a human, witch, or strong hunter. It's a wolf." A wolf?!

"You mean I'm a damn werewolf?!" I exclaimed, still shocked. My head was racing with all sorts of thoughts and questions. My mother seemed to be trying not to smile at me. She came up, taking my hand.

"I told the story to Jade." She said in my ear. "And yes, you're a werewolf but not fully. You're what I like to call a Shifter. They're very rare and can only be released for the first time when they're protecting someone they love." My mother's eyes flicked to Colby behind me. She seemed to take a breath before she reached out to him.

"Honey, what are you doing?" My father sounded horrified. What even is this day? So much is happening it's actually hard to breathe.

"You. She loves you, genuinely." Mother pulled Colby inside the apartment by his hands and let go, stepping back to father. He was looking at her like she was crazy.