Chapter 36: He was gone

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I heard, I heard enough."

I was walking and I didn't care where I was going anymore.

Damn it! I was giving our relationship a shot but maybe we didn't belong together.

"Serah! Serah-"

I didn't want him to see how much he hurt me right now. It'll get better tomorrow.

I felt him getting closer as his footsteps reached the hard floor. I didn't want him any closer than he was.

"Jay, don't follow me. I need space."

My voice could have cracked at any moment as I couldn't get this lump out of my throat.

"Serah, if you continue this way you'll attain the border!"

He was tired of me, constant fights, constant questions over our relationship, over the mate bond... And my dumbass head.

Did I have to get the paths mixed up? Anyway, I was a prideful woman who won't change her route nor look back.

"So what? As I said, I need space so I'm going for a walk."

I wasn't stubborn. I was only assuming the path I took.

"Serah please, let's go home."

He sighed, I didn't know if it was because oh my behavior or his.

"It's no home for me, remember."

He was right behind me, my back facing him. He stopped following as I stated the last sentence but I didn't stop my legs from moving forward.

The sounds of leaves cracking underneath his feet resumed slowly. However, I felt him retreating violently. It was confirmed by the loud growl resonating in the forest.

Jayson just shifted and went back furious to the packhouse. And who did he think he was to get this mad, I was the one that should react this way!

And now because of him, I had to get deeper in the forest with no f*cking shoes on.

As if I wanted to. Anyway, it might be an opportunity to be alone with me and reflect on all of this.

Thinking back, it had been exactly a month since we're here. A lot had happened, Jess got back home, found her mate, me too actually. However, it wasn't as easy as their story. I was human and he was the alpha of a werewolf pack. Our story didn't start right and here we are. What should I do?

Mom won't be home for two months.
But it might be the time to go back home, start anew, meet new people... And get out of this world.

I thought that I could handle it but I only saw the bright side.

"Serah!! Get on the floor right now!"

My trains of thought were abruptly stopped by Jay crying his life out. I didn't have the time to process his words that a wolf came in rushing towards my head. Without thinking twice I plunged on the floor as Jay advised. The wolf jumped over me and rushed towards Jay. I still on my knees and it wasn't just one wolf it was a dozen of them rushing towards him, I got back up ready to help him.

"Serah! run to the packhouse right now!!"

As his words were said he shifted shredding the wolves on his way. I was in no way running away, since last time, with Gab, I always carried with me a dagger.

A dagger would be enough for me to fight. As I ran towards Jay, a few of them obstructed me from going further. I tried to attack them but they didn't counter-attack even once. I still felt myself drifting apart from Jay.

I could no longer see him now. I tried to fight but none of them fought back and I couldn't take the risk to give them any opening.

What was their goal?!

After a few minutes, the wolves ran away. They just fled towards Jay! I was about to run but a voice came from behind.

"How rude of you! How could you go away like that when I took my precious time to meet you?"

I turned around and saw a man.

He was in an all-black outfit, was he wearing a long skirt? it seemed like he was wearing an ankle-length skirt. I shouldn't distract myself, who was this man?

"Who are you?"

I shouted, I couldn't even have a proper view as if his frame was built from darkness. He stopped moving and started to laugh. The man was confusing who was he? Was he rogue?

"Dear, the real question here is who are you? Or more like what are you? "

This man was getting on my nerves, what was he spouting?

"Anyway, just come closer so we'll get over with a fight because you are out of your mind."

I was advancing with my guards up, I had to end this as fast as possible and help Jay!

"Dear, we are on the same team here! You have questions and I have all the answers you need. "

That crazy dog, did they let mentally ill people on the battlefield.

"I have no questions and no if you're a rogue-"

He cut me and his voice tone changed drastically.

"Two weeks ago, Do you want to know what happened?"

My heart missed a beat, it had been on my mind since that time, how did he know?

"What do you mean? Were you there? What happ-"

That man was playing with my nerves interrupting me like this.

"I won't answer you unless you join me later on. I want you by my side."

He knew something but he had no intention to tell me anything. The man didn't move and his figure wasn't anymore clearer.

"I won't, I won't ever. So you either tell me or I'll figure out myself!"

The man started laughing again. But it wasn't in an evil manner as he did a few minutes ago.

"Not only you have her eyes, but also her temper."

What was this man talking about? How is that possible?

"What-"

I finally had a glimpse of his face, I couldn't see his full feature but I saw his wicked smile.

"Iris, you look like her."

I didn't care any longer I had to see his face, who was he? He knew mom and two weeks ago what happened? Who was this man?

My feet weren't touching the ground anymore. Sparks and warmth engulfed my body. My eyes landed on a worried alpha who hugged me from behind.

It was nice but we had to catch that man.

"Jay! let go we have to catch him!"

I struggled in arms to get out but I couldn't see, I couldn't see him anymore.

As if he never came, he was gone.