Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Emery spotted her and smiled, "Odette!"

Odette smiled at him, "Hi, Emery."

The man stood back up and turned around with a small smile. Odette scanned his face. He was quite attractive, but it was his eyes that caught her attention the most. Of course she knew exactly who had those exact same eyes. With that in mind, she no longer needed Mei's introduction to identify the stranger.

"Sirius, this is Odette. Odette, this is Sirius. Sirius Black."

"Ah, you must be the Odette that no one shuts up about these days," He said as he outstretched his hand. Odete tore her eyes away from his eyes that were so much like Regulus's and shook his hand.

"Pleasure," she mumbled.

Mei reached over and slapped his arm lightly, "You're not supposed to tell her that!"

"Enlighten me, Mei, what am I supposed to tell her?" said Sirius.

"What's the point of telling you what to tell her when she is right here and could hear for herself."

Odette cleared her throat, "Well, if that is all, I'll be up in my room waiting for the sun to rise. Why is everyone awake and how did I not know? Better yet, why is Emery awake?"

"Emery has been awake since midnight," said Xia, "Hua dropped him off an hour ago."

"You have no problem socializing at school," said Mei, "Come on, stay for a minute."

"Mei's right," said Sirius, "I'd like to know more about the popular Odette that has got everyone interested."

"Sirius!" scolded Mei, "Stop suggesting that Odette is all we talk about."

"It isn't?"

"No!"

"Well, what do you want to know?" asked Odette as she took a seat on the couch.

Sirius glanced at his watch, "I have about twenty minutes to spare before I have to leave."

"Twenty?" repeated Odette before she turned to Mei and Xia, "That doesn't scream hurry to me."

"It will someday," shrugged Mei.

"Today's not that someday."

Sirius took a seat beside her. Odette turned to him, "Do you know my. . .you know."

"Of course, the whole order knows."

"Sirius!" shrieked Mei.

"Xia didn't told me she didn't know."

"The first thing!" exclaimed Mei as she turned around to glare at her sister.

"I forgot," said Xia with a shrug.

"Xia!"

"I forgot!" Xia repeated.

"I won't ask questions, just please stop yelling," said Odette.