~ Part 1 ~

I heard the quietest of footsteps behind me so I turned. Nothing. The dark of the late night in Los Angeles and the dim streetlights scattered all down the road cast random shadows and played with my eyes. In fact, my insides were burning. Burning with the sensation that someone was near... I just couldn't tell who. My mind was urging me to run, both a response from my stomach and from the rustling that sounded from RIGHT beside me.

My head turned quickly to see the figure emerge only to disappear at the speed of lightning. I'd been in this situation before and I'd done this whole routine for a year now.

A felt a breeze headed toward me to I spun immediately to look at the creature. The disgusting, black eyed, pale faced, fanged creature that stood in front of me. It was a man, tall and quite muscular when it was a human still - before he turned into a monster.

The small tattoo on my arm burned with anticipation of what was about to happen. The monster took a step toward me, passing through a small shadow. When it emerged, its previously monstrous face had turned human-like. But I saw the differences. The black under the eyes, the peculiarly red lips, the stiffness of a fucking wooden board. And then the quick movements. Its hand lifted to wave at me despite it being not very far away.

I simply stared at the horrific attempt to be friendly. Its hair was ginger and somewhat spiked above its head. It had green eyes, the typical blue ring around them starting to widen at the sight of me standing there in front of it. If only it knew that it was about to go right down to hell in a hurry.

My hand tightened ever so slightly and I opened my mouth to speak. A normal girl wouldn't stay this quiet for so long, I had to remember that.

"Hello?" I put on my innocent and unknowing voice that made me sound like a complete idiot. Like one of those typical blondes who know jack shit and just date jocks and the hot guys.

"Hello, sweetheart." Its voice was deep and gravelly, it hadn't eaten for a while then. Come to think of it, the black beneath its eyes was quite dark. "What are you doing out here?"

I simply tilted my head to the side to add to my act. Look confused. Its eyes never once looked down to see what I was doing. Seems like a rookie but looks old. "Well, it's quite safe around here." My smile hurt me to even do. I wasn't in the mood. Not at all. And I was completely lying, anyways. This area was THE area for vampires. Most of them lived or fed around here. Especially the old ones.

"Is it now?" A slow grin covered its face, its currently normal white teeth showing through.

"Yes and I'm just headed to my boyfriend's." I giggled as though what I'd said was funny. The creature seemed to frown ever so slightly before it got back into character.

"Your boyfriend? Any time to spare for me instead?" Its head cocked to the side, the grin now a wicked smile. It was trying to get me to 'cheat' on my 'boyfriend'. A lot used that tactic. Pathetic.

"No." I replied bluntly but didn't break character like it had earlier. "We have long night planned." My hair was wrapped around my finger in a flirty and dreamy manner.

"I could have a longer night with you." Its disgusting, cold hand reached out and touched my face. I wanted to flinch away considering I knew what it was but instead, I looked up into its eyes to play along. "Trust me, you should come with me." I continued to be completely still, the only muscle I moved was tightening my fingers. It grinned again. "Don't scream."