Maya

I thought he was looking out for me
Never ever thought he'd turn out to be...
He use to tell me
Watch out for heartbreakers
All they do is take your love and leave
I never thought that he'd turn out to be
The heartbreaker that he warned me 'bout
Heartbreakers - Neyo

I woke up to breakfast in bed with a note on the tray that read;

'Sorry for being inconsiderate jerks. We blame our gender.'
Signed; Dad, Eddie and Major.

Dad made his hash browns and served it with chilli, beans and melted cheese. My mouth watered at the sight of it.

On the side, there was a warm chocolate chip muffin and a cinnamon latte.

They must have driven to the Bun shack early to get them.

Apology most definitely accepted.

As I ate, I realised I couldn't be too hard on the man, boy and dog for their maleness. They honestly couldn't help it.

And not to mention, it's like I had brought a puppy into the house. They loved this puppy, they grew attached to this puppy. This puppy had become part of their lives.

Then this puppy was kidnapped.
Yep. Kidnapped by a wicked witch.
Okay, maybe that's too harsh.

This puppy went... astray. It found someone else who paid attention to it and so it abandoned its original owners.

But I'm sorry new owner, I want my puppy back.

***

My outfit for today consisted of something I swore I would never wear; leather.

It was a brown faux leather mini skirt. I had stuffed it in the back of my closet. My mother got it for me despite my many protests.

It wasn't too short. I mean, at least it fell into the school's dress code. But seeing as to how I had extra long giraffe legs, it would look shorter than it actually was.

My style was a cross between girly girl and tomboy and a faux leather skirt didn't fit anywhere in that cross.

Maybe Cassie would rock it, she was more edgy and not to mention, she liked drawing attention to herself.

Seeing as to how the skirt was already a little too much, I matched it with a plain white t shirt and plain white converse.

I tied my hair up and decided to tame it a bit by doing a half bun. At the last minute, I decided on adding my black hoop earrings. Because you can never go wrong with hoop earrings.

A cat eye, mascara and nude lipgloss completed my look.

When I walked downstairs, Eddie and my father stared at me but didn't say a word.

They knew they couldn't. I was still mad at them for siding with Daniel.

So instead, they suffered in silence as we ate breakfast.

Dad said a prayer and Eddie and I were off.

Zack was already in our driveway.

Where as I had to think about my whole outfit the night before, Zack just had to throw on a t shirt and jeans and he'd still look like a dream boat.

Why is life so unfair?

Zack told Eddie he could have the aux cord but Eddie just stiffly said; 'no thank you' and plugged in his earphones.