Maya

Why did I let myself believe
Miracles could happen?
'Cause now I have to pretend
That I don't really care
~When there was me and you ~ Vanessa Hudgens

"Everyone's staring. Why is everyone staring?" I hissed at Cassie as I grabbed her hand leading her to the car park.

"Oh?" Cassie spoke as she looked around. "Well I'm wearing this cute new too, I just got my hair done and oh yeah..." she tugged on my hand pulling me in closer so that she could whisper; "you and Daniel?"

I flinched.

I knew walking in with Daniel had been a bad idea.

I had rushed out of his car the minute he had parked with a quick goodbye.

How was I supposed to know he was right on my heels.

This looked so so bad.

"So now everyone thinks I'm cheating with him?" I asked Cassie in concern.

"Well you have to admit, it doesn't exactly look good." She responded.

I bit on my lower lip. I shut my eyes.

"Oh no."

"Oh yes." Cassie spoke as she let me loop my arms around hers, I was basically leaning on her for support now.

"Hey Trueman." She spoke and I hadn't even realised we had gotten to Zack's truck.

Zack looked up at us. His face blank but it was clear he wasn't happy at all.

"You too?" I sighed.

Zack rolled his eyes. "We should get home." He muttered before heading to get in.

I frowned at Cassie.

She just shrugged like 'you brought this upon yourself'. "We'll do damage control and talk later. I have cheer practice."

She gave me a squeeze before turning to leave.

I got in through the passenger seat and placed my backpack down.

"Okay, before you -"

Zack suddenly turned on the radio, cranking up the music to the highest volume.

My jaw dropped.

Unbelievable.

I reached over and twisted the knob before repositioning myself and turning to face him.

"Excuse me." I spoke indignantly.

He simply stared straight ahead and turned on the engine.

"Zack!" I yelled.

He didn't say anything and simply pulled out the car park.

The silent treatment.

Well okay. Two could play at this game.

I folded my arms and looked out the window stubbornly.

He drove over to the junior high section where Eddie was already waiting for us.

When he got in he paused obviously sensing the tension in the car.

He slowly put on his head phones and sunk into his seat clearly not wanting to touch anything Zack or me related.

When we got to our place, Eddie didn't waste time in jumping out the truck and disappearing into the house.

I turned to look at Zack and he was still staring straight ahead ignoring me.

Okay. How on earth could anyone be this childish?

He wanted to give me the silent treatment?

I would silent treatment him to death. Just watch.