Maya

You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up
(You) You don't really want to stay, no
(You) But you don't really want to go
~Hot N Cold, Katy Perry

On our first date, Daniel and I had lunch at this cute pizza place down the road from the mall.
It had since hit down and got turned into a laundromat so it's not like we could go back again.

On our second date, he went roller skating.

We both have long legs but turns out we aren't too graceful, a lot of bumps and tangled legs later and we ended up ditching that and going to get ice cream instead.

The third date, we came to the beach.

It had always been one of my favourite places mostly because of Zack's dad.

He loved taking his family to the beach and more often than not, Elena and I got to tag along.

The waves weren't exactly surf-able on this side of the ocean but Zack's dad still brought his board and we would float over them like boats keeping real close to the surface.

Mr Andrews would grill patties and Zack's mum would make burgers. It was so simple but so perfect.

We would play board games in the sand and Elena and I would get so competitive it was very likely that one of us would go home a grumpy sore loser.

That was before Lena got into her boy crazy phase though.

Then it was just me and Zack and me forcing him to hunt for sea shells on the beach with me or build sandcastles even though he would always groan and moan about how we were too old for it, he went along anyway.

On our third date Daniel hadn't wanted to take off his sneakers to get into the water and we sure as hell did not have a grill to make burgers. But we sat in his car and looked out at the sand and water and just talked.

Eventually we had gotten out and made a little picnic on the hood of his car because he didn't like it when people ate inside his car.

All in all, I liked that spot of ours. I never really thought it meant as much to Daniel.

I actually think he might have seen it as a little bit boring because he never wanted to go back.

Especially considering the twenty five minute drive.

I guess that's why I was a little surprised when I realised this is where he had brought us.

And right in the same place we had parked too.

I got out of the car.

Being in there with him was too confining.

The drive had been quiet and awkward with nothing but his J Cole mix filling the silence.

From the moment I had agreed to go with Daniel, I had been a bit - okay really nervous.

I was questioning why I had even agreed to this.

If I had been as strong willed as I was supposed to be, I would be in class right now. But no. I was here, skipping school with a boy I should want nothing to do with.