Maya

Go slowly, slowly
I know you're not supposed to know me
But I only see it when you show me
Slowly
I'll have to teach you how to hold me
So go on hold me
Olivia Deano, slowly

"Cody is a freaking joke!" Cassie exclaimed.

I sighed.

I had my phone pressed against my cheek as I searched through my books for the textbook I was looking for.

They're so many times I've had to defend Cody in this lifetime.

The boy simply stays messing up.

Especially when it comes to Georgie.

"So he showed up with a date?"

"Yup." I sighed. "Georgia left immediately. Seth took her home and that was that."

"Arg!" Cassie screamed angrily. "Please tell me you gave him a piece of your mind."

Cody didn't stick around long after Georgia left, or take the time to talk to us for that matter. He had been too busy with his 'date'.

"I'll be sure to do that tomorrow." I promised Cassie.

"I just don't get it? Why does he insist on sabotaging everything for her?" Cassie still sounded frustrated and more than angry.

I used my hand to support my phone this time getting tired of my balancing act.

"Well, in his own 'Cody' way, I guess this is his way of staying close to her."

"You mean trying to wiggle his way back into her life so that she can take him back?" Cassie asked, the distaste obvious in her voice.

It was obvious that Cody still wasn't over Georgia and I still saw how sad Georgie got about everything that had happened with Cody.

I stood by what I said earlier, Cody might have wanted still be in Georgia's life but I just didn't think either of them were ready for it.

"I will talk to him." I promised Cassie. Even though it hadn't really gone well the first time.

"You better because if I do? He definitely won't like it."

I made a mental note to have this chat with Cody as soon as possible because Cassie and Cody 'talking' would not end well.

"But anyway, moving on... tell me about your double date with the enemies." Cassie spoke sounding excited.

I hated how entertaining this seemed to her.

I recounted to her the events of this afternoon all leading up to Zack and Daniel almost fighting.

"The tea is pipping hot." Cassie spoke. "Daniel must have been so jealous and I can't believe he was trying to be on your good side after what he did, jerk."

I thought about how down Daniel had been looking lately. How Ryan had asked him if he was feeling better after English class today.

"His always been friendly." I pointed out as I went to sit by my bay window.

"Friendly? Nah girl! Do not go soft on me. The goal is to destroy the ex."

"Destroy?" I rose my brows. "We did not say anything about destroying him."

I heard Cassie sigh on the other end.

I knew Daniel and I knew when he had something on his mind. Something was clearly bothering him.

Today had been nice. Talking and laughing with him.

I was exhausted by all this and I just wanted to stop all the games already.