Maya

I didn't ask too many questions when Cassie showed up at my house to give me a ride to school.

I didn't want to ride with Zack. Not after our argument. And I knew that Elena had advised me to let by gones be by gones and reconcile with Zack because of our past but I just couldn't get past what he said.

I would never do any of the things he was implying. And what hurt the most is that he should have known that.

We hadn't been friends in a while but still... I hadn't changed that much.

I felt betrayed and angry and he just didn't get how much it had everything to do with his option of my and not even the other kids at school.

Eddie had been ecstatic when he saw Cassie's blue Porche. He had chosen to ride shot gun and sing along to Miguel with Cass.

I didn't mind much. Eddie had always liked Cassie and she always treated him like her own little brother. Besides with everything with my mother looming around and the fact that the trip to visit her would most likely be happening, I wanted him to have as many good memories as he could.

Cassie dropped Eddie off before heading to our side of the school.

I had been quiet for the most part but she didn't force me to talk even though I could tell she was dying to ask questions which I appreciated.

We headed to our lockers and grabbed our books for first period.

We still had about fifteen minutes to kill before the first bell so we headed outside to our usual chill spot by the benches under the trees.

Tiffany was already there as well as Georgia who was seated on top of the bench cross legged and reading a book.

She looked up when she spotted us.

"Hey girlies!" She spoke in a chirpy tone seeming in a much better mood today.

I hadn't spoken to her much yesterday but I could tell she was still down about the Cody situation.

"Someone's in a good mood." Cassie commented.

And surely Georgia did seem much brighter and she looked super cute.

She had her hair in two afro puffs and wore white overalls with a rainbow long sleeved t shirt on the inside.

"She's been like this all morning." Tiffany spoke dryly her eyes covered by dark sunglasses.

I studied her wondering if she was just being classic Tiffany or if she might be hangover. Which, to be fair was also classic Tiffany.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Georgia asked as she closed her book and sighed. "The suns out, my hair's defined and healthy and... oh yeah, I'm hanging out with Seth this afternoon."

She looked so giddy when she said the last part.

Cassie cocked her head to the side. "He called you back?"

"Yep." Georgia spoke brightly. "He said he understood that running into your ex could obvi be weird. He wants me to go see his band. But maybe without you guys."

She added the last bit nervously.

I could have been offended but I kind of agreed that all of us being there was kind of cramping Georgia's style.

"Well I for one don't like the idea of you being out alone with a guy you barely know, G." Tiffany spoke up.

Georgia furrowed her brows. "You do it all the time and I do know Seth!" She argued.

Tiffany shrugged. "I can handle guys."

I saw Georgia's face drop but I couldn't help but side with Tiff on this one.