Chapter 42

******

BRINLEY'S POV

Hunter places my legs around his waist picking me up along with his bags, holding on to me with just one arm. He walks back into his apartment dropping the bags, he sits on the couch with me still in his arms sobbing.

"Brin, what's wrong?", he asks rubbing my back.

"My-", I continue to sob hugging him tighter.

"sh, sh, sh", he rubs my head and my back.

I stop crying after twenty minutes. I feel so safe in his arms, is that weird? I ran to him out of all people. I'm so pathetic just like he said I was. My eyes became heavy and sting from the amount of crying I have done. With Hunter running his fingers through my hair I fall asleep feeling safe.

****

I sit up in confusion, Hunter is fast asleep laying on the couch with me straddling him, I touch his face rubbing my thumb over his lips.

I lean forward pecking his lips, I jolt my head back up fast. Why did I just do that? We aren't even together. He moves beneath me, holding my hips in place. He opens one eye and closes it again.

"What time is it?", his husky voice speaks.

"I'm not sure, hold on", my voice hoarse, I stand picking up my phone from the coffee table and read the time.

"Three AM", I tell him.

"that's all", he sighs sitting up and rubbing his eyes, I sit back down beside him.

"Brin?"

"Hmm?"

"Why were crying?", he looks my way.

"Um...She's leaving me again", my voice cracks as I try hold back my tears.

"She doesn't deserve you, Brin. She doesn't deserve your tears. She's a bitch that doesn't deserve anything", he angers. He places his hand on mine trying to console me but he takes it away as soon as he realises.

"Are you still leaving?", I ask changing the subject.

"Yea...I missed my flight", he sighs.

"Oh"

"Why did you come to me?"

"What do you mean?", I ask well aware what he means.

"Why did you come to me? Why not your dad or Andie?", he asks confused.

"I don't know, I just ran and ended up here. I guess it's because I feel safe with you", I tell him the truth.

"Really? Brin, I can't do this. I can't be here for you and act like it doesn't hurt having you close to me. I hate that I can't kiss or hug you", he places his elbows on his knees and rubbing his temples. I move his arms and straddle his lap.

"What are you doing?", he cocks his brow.

"I'm scared but I can't keep running at a what if, I just need to live with what's happening now and what I want now... is you, I love you so much", I place my head on his.