Chapter 37

******

HUNTER'S POV

It's been a whole month. One long dense month, since I had a breakdown in front of Brinley. I thought the week was bad without her but this month feels like I'm slowly dying.

When I'm in school having her so close but so far away, it's by far one of the worst things I've experienced. I watched her for a couple of weeks in school, her talking, smiling, laughing with her friends and when I saw guys checking her out it pissed me off. She has no idea she has guys checking her out, she's so clueless about how unbelievable sexy she is which reminds me I haven't had sex in ages, my balls ache for her touch.

My hand isn't the same as having her wrapped around me, I decided to stop watching her. I stopped looking her way, I was setting myself up for torture and I know if I was to keep watching guys gawk at her I'd smash their faces in and lose control then she definitely wouldn't come back to me.

In classes I try avoid eye contact, when I accidentally let myself make eye contact, she's smiles at me. I can never bring myself to smile back, I'm not trying to be rude...I'm just not in the mind set to smile acting like everything is fine and when in reality I'm living in hell. As the month went by I've gotten worse and she looks as if she's getting better everyday. She's started smiling again and it hurts that I'm not the one making her to smile but at least she's becoming happy again. I'd rather suffer than her. I still smoke joints now and then but I've stopped with that pills that Darnell gave me. I'm now on sleeping tablets to help me sleep, without them I dream about her. Not good dreams either, It's always a different dream but the same ending, which is her screaming in my face to wake up.

I wake up drenched in sweat with my heart pounding out my chest. It got so bad that I didn't want to sleep at all. I went to the doctors and they said these sleeping pills will help which they have. Well, some nights they help. My dreams aren't every night now which I'm thankful for. I've also started taking boxing classes to let out my anger. It helps a lot surprisingly, the weight I lost in that week I've now gained twice as much in muscle. If I'm not at school I'm at the gym, It helps keep my mind of her for a while, I also lost my job.

Yay.

I couldn't bring myself to go, it wasn't helping me. To be quite honest I don't need the money, I've got tons saved up. Before I thought I needed money continuously coming in but I'm over it. I still think of Brin everyday. She gets more and more beautiful every time I see her, she's gained a little more weight but I honestly love it. It doesn't matter if she lost or gained a lot I'd still be head over heels for her.

I feel like a little kid and she's candy I can't have, I hope she comes back to me any day now. I crave her touch every day and I'd do anything to have her scream my name just one more time. I'm slowly dying without her and I can't take it anymore, I want her back so bad. I'll give her the time she needs though, it's killing me not having her but I know she'll always be mine even if she doesn't come back to me. No, she will come back because I'm going to fight for her, fuck it. She's had her space, I'm getting her back now.

It's two weeks until Christmas and it's the last thing on my mind, My brother wants me to fly to Australia to be with him but I declined of course, so he invited himself and his girlfriend to come here to spend Christmas.

Lovely.

I haven't told him about Brin, I know he'll be raging with me. He liked her maybe even more than me, He will also be thrilled that I'm not becoming a father. He will still call me stupid like usual. I'm guessing I'll tell him everything when he arrives.

It's the last day of school before the holidays or as Americans call it winter break. I for one think Christmas is a load of shit and every other holiday along with it, When I see Brin at school I'll ask if we can talk again, I just hope she doesn't reject me again.

When I arrive at school I walk past her as she's standing at Andie's locker, talking away to her. fuck it, I turn my heel and walk back towards her before I chicken out I speak before she even notices me.

"Brin, can I talk to you?", I loudly ask looking between her and Andie, before she could reply Wyatt walks up.

"What's up guys?", he smiles, I keep my eyes on Brin.

"Alone?", I say before anyone else can speak.

"uhm..", she clears her throat, "I have class", she looks at her feet.

"After school then?", I desperately ask.

"I can't", she replies.

"Why?", I ignore Andie and Wyatt's gaze.

"I...uhm...I'm meeting with my mother", she stutters.

"What?", did she just say her mother! The mother that fucking left her, she can't be serious. It boils my blood, I could never leave Brin the way she did. How can her mother even do that to her? I watch her shyly look at Andie and Wyatt, they nod and walk away leaving us by ourselves.

"She randomly came to my door about a month ago, I slammed the door on her face but she came back and wants to meet for coffee", she rushes her sentence.

"And you're going?", I scowl. Why does this piss me off so much.

"Well yes... She's my mother, I deserve an explanation"

"She doesn't deserve you", I sternly say.

"And what? you do?!", she raises her voice. Her words hurt but I know she's right I don't deserve her.

"You're right...I don't", I look down.

"I didn't mean that", she softly says.

"No, it's fine. I know you're right", I don't deserve her. I never have and never will.

"What did you want to talk about?", she asks with a hint of sadness in her eyes. I know she's trying to change the subject.

"I uhm, it doesn't matter. Have a good day Brin", I force a smile and walk away before she can protest.

*******

Please vote, comment and follow😊

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕