Chapter 9

******

I wake up to the alarm on my phone, I reach over and turn it off groaning in the process. I take my phone off charge and walk into the bathroom still half asleep. I brush my teeth while scrolling through my medias. After I brush my teeth I walk over to my closet to pick out clothes, my mind drifts off to Hunter, it's now Friday and I haven't heard or seen him in four days. He hasn't even been at school which is weird, I've tried texting him asking if he's okay but he hasn't replied. I've also tried calling him which just led to voicemail so I left it alone. I finally picked out my clothes, it looks really hot outside so I decided to go for a summer look. I put no makeup because I couldn't be bothered and I let my hair down in its natural curls

When I get out of Andie's car we begin walking towards the entrance of school, I stop in my tracks when my eyes catch Hunter

When I get out of Andie's car we begin walking towards the entrance of school, I stop in my tracks when my eyes catch Hunter. He's back...what? I walk over to him fast.

"Hey, where have you been?", I ask in worry.

"Just been busy", he shrugs while leaning his head against the wall with his sunglasses on, wish he didn't have glasses on I wanted to see his eyes, so I can tell what he's thinking.

"Oh", I focus on his face my eyes flicker to his lips, he has a cut with slight bruising, I continue to study his face when I notice another cut above his eyebrow just visible above his sunglasses. Has he been fighting?

"What happened to your face?", I ask desperately wanting to rip his sunglasses off.

"What happened to yours?", he mutters.

"Excuse me?"

Some guy walks up to us and hands something to hunter. Hunter gives him money and the guys walk off, them both not saying a word to each other. Is that drugs he just bought right in front of me? Is that why he's got them cuts? Is it all to do with drugs? Is he high right now is that why he's being weird? He pulls out a joint and sparks it up, I just glare it him. Is he serious right now?

"Since when do you smoke?"

"I've always smoked darling, you just don't know me well enough and well...it's none of your business", he takes a large puff.

"Tell me what happened to your face Hunter", I sternly say and ignore his comment.

"Why do you care?", He angers while taking off his glasses and hooking them on his t-shirt.

"Hunter oh my god, your eye", I say in shock while reaching out to touch his face he allows me to run my hand along his cheek, I carefully run my thumb over the huge bruising under his eye, he pushes my arm away after a few seconds.

"Just let it go", he bluntly speaks.

"No, who did this?"

"Fuck sake baby, I said let it go. What don't you understand?", That's the first time he's called me baby in a serious matter, I kind of liked it.