A Night at The Hospital

I walked into Henry's room slowly. The last quarter of the moon reflecting the room ever so lightly. I slowly reached in to turn on the lights and suddenly in a blink of an eye the room was illuminated. I could see everything that was happening in the room now. He was still asleep but the surgeons told me he would wake up in minimum 5 minutes. I watched as he was gently laying on the hospital bed. The bed sheet slowly raising up and down as he breathed gently, and the heart monitor tracking every heartbeat. He seemed so peaceful and boyish. The blue gown he was wearing slightly complimenting his messy hair and the little groaning sounds he was making indicating that he was waking up...

WAIT WHAT!?

I quickly ran in front of the hospital bed and watched him all happily. Like a little girl watching fire works for the first time on New Year's Eve. His eyes started to flutter open as his heart monitor was beeping at a normal speed. At this point my face was only a few inches away from his as I looked at him intensely with wide eyes.

He slowly brought his arm up and carefully rubbed his eyes carefully. Once he was done, he let his arms drop to the side of him and opened his eyes slowly. I was instantly met with light brown eyes that I've missed so dearly. A few seconds of us starring at each other passed, just us in our own little world starring at each other like our lives depended on it. My mouth opened and closed repeatedly in a rhythm as I was at lost for words. I slowly opened my mouth to say something. "Hi... your awake again." I say barely above a whisper, slightly smiling as tears of joy started to takeover my now glossy eyes. Henry breathed in and nodded his head slowly. "Yeah, I am." As he spoke I felt my heart skip a beat. His voice was very raspy and deep. He paused and raised an eyebrow confusingly. If I were to be honest it seems as if he were a bit weirded out. "But I only have one question." He said.

"Yeah! Of course what is it?" I answered sweetly.  A few seconds passed as he slightly shifted in the bed to make himself comfortable.

"Who are you?"

My eyes immediately shot open in terror. My smile immediately got replaced by a frown as on his face formed a small grin. "I'm just kidding." He started chuckling as a huge sigh of relief escaped my lips. "I hate you, I hate you!" I paused giggling uncontrollably as I reached my hands out and held his face gently. "I love you, I love you so much." I admitted in between kisses.

He dipped his cheek in my hands as I rubbed his face gently with my thumb. He smiled lightly as the air of his right nostril was slightly tickling the palm of my hand. "Love you more, Charbear." He whispered sweetly as a huge silence over took the room once again. Henry then pulled out his right arm and rested his hand on mines copying my movements and stroking my hand with his thumb. "Char... You know I'd do it again right?" He started slowly as I sighed.

"Henry stop-

"No Char I'm serious. I'd do it right now if I had to." I inhaled in deeply as I let go of his face slowly, regretting my choice of doing so as I already missed his warm touch under mines. I looked up at him to see a slight pout facial expression on his face. I guess were on the same page then.

"Henry, If you did then you would die." I explained sternly making sure he understood every word that were coming out of my mouth. My finger was pointed towards him like a parent grounding their child. I slightly shrieked out shocked as I looked at my finger and put it back down to look back at Henry who seemed totally unbothered.

"I don't care Charlotte." He paused as I shook my head no. "For you, I'd do anything."  He continued as I kept staring at him.

An air of silence filled the room until I threw in a weak, unsure, uneasy smile. "Okay, Henry. You win." I gave in as he threw in a small smile as well. "Have it your way." I replied out already regretting saying it. "Thanks Char. But I do have a couple of questions though."