Movie Night

I can't believe it. She really likes "Kid Danger". If she only knew who I was, life would be much less stressful and painful right now.

I was currently laying down on my bed listening to peaceful music on my phone looking up at the ceiling. The boring... plain ceiling.

If only her mom didn't interrupt me I would've been able to confess my feelings to her. But things would've gotten so awkward!

But I was ready. I really was. Until her mom interfered that caused me to chicken out, again as usual. I've tried so hard. So hard to tell her in different ways. But she never got the message.

"🎶 I fell in love with my best friend 🎶"

The perfect song to express my life. My love life...

"Henry? Is it okay if I come in?" I heard a soft knock coming from the other side of the door.

"Umm... Yeah sure." I say quickly tuning off my phone.

Suddenly Charlotte entered my room with a gigantic bowl of steaming delicious popcorn.

"I don't know. If I said something wrong earlier that caused you to get offended. But if I did I'm sorry." She said looking down at me.

Play it cool Henry. Don't let your disappointment show.

"No, you didn't say anything wrong. I was just tired." I almost smiled to myself on how slick that was.

Charlotte nodded as I looked back at the bowl of popcorn.

"Okay. You may be asking yourself why I have this huge bowl of popcorn." She started.

"Ever since I got here we didn't really get to do what best friends do. As in binge watching TV shows till midnight or watch a scary movie." She shrugged her shoulders.

"So... you came in here to ask me if you wanted to watch a scary movie together?" I say almost gagging to myself on thinking how she used the word "best friend" girl I know. You don't have to rub it in my face jeez.

"Well. Yeah. Or we can do something else? Like watch funny videos on the internet?" She asked taking a seat on my bed.

"Oh umm... Yeah sure. Why not?" I scooted to the side a bit to give her more space.

There was a small TV in my room so it wasn't that bad. Charlotte lied down next to me and looked back at the turned off electronic.

We got ourselves comfortable and suddenly looked back at each other.

That's when we both realized. The remote for the TV is on the opposite side of the bed.

We both groaned still not moving from our position.

"I really don't wanna get it." We both said simultaneously.

"We can just watch a movie on my phone?" I ask grabbing it.

"Come on. We can't be lazy." She said trying to get up.

"You sureee?" I teased nudging her from the side.

"Yeah never mind. Turn on Redflix." She asks pointing to my phone.

I chuckle at her action and we turn on a scary movie as she asked.

This is going to be a long night...

——————————————————————————

Charlotte fell asleep during the movie. She was now sleeping on my chest and trust me. It took every power in me not to kiss her forehead.

She kept jumping in some scarier scenes of the movie that caused some popcorn to fly all over but I didn't care one bit.