The Three Muskateers! I Mean Four...

I was walking around the hallways moping when I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around only to be face to face with Jess.

I cringed as she was grinning at me widely. "Hey Hen!" She yelled in front of my face.

"Hey Jess." I replied slowly as I wiped the spit off my face.

"Umm... so you know. It's almost my birthday!" She smiled as she looked down playing with her feet. But I also have to add. I did not know that information.

"Oh cool, happy early birthday!" I smiled politely.

"Thanks!" She paused awkwardly. "Since your a good friend of mine I was wondering if you'd like to come to my birthday party?"

I awkwardly sucked the air between my teeth pretending as if I felt bad right before breaking her heart.

"Actually I don't-

"Jasper and Charlotte-"

"I'm in!" I blurted out interrupting her. "I mean umm... how many people are coming?" I fake coughed.

She sighed and answered "Half of the school."

I blink rapidly trying to understand if I heard her wrong. "HALF a of the school you say?" I repeated.

"Yup! So are you gonna come?" She smiled.

I looked away from Jessica for a second and realized Charlotte was talking to someone rather familiar. And I did not like the way that other person was looking at my- I mean Charlotte. "Uhh. Yeah, yeah. Sure." I answered distractingly as I kept looking at the two.

"Okay, cool! The parties next Saturday, Hope I'll see you soon!" She smiled and waved goodbye before heading the opposite way.

"Bye!" I smiled weirdly. When she was out of sight I quickly ran to Charlotte and whoever that guy was.

"Hey Char!" I yelled from practically a mile away. I could tell she was embarrassed by the way she smiled and looked at me. But in this situation. I didn't care.

"Hey Char- Brayden!?" I shrieked as I realized who it was she was talking to.

"Hey old pal Henry." He smirked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Oh cool! You guys already know each other?" She smiled as she looked back at the both of us.

"Yep. This tall guy and I go wayyy back." He says as he put an arm around my shoulder and hit me in the chest... hard.

"Uhh Yeah?" Is all I said before I looked back at him. "I thought you changed schools?"

"I did! In high school. But now it's like faith wanted us back together." He harshly smiled at me before letting go.

"It's funny you say that cause the exact same thing happened to Henry and I." Charlotte says chuckling.

"Oh really? I'd love to hear all about it later." He winked.

I mentally wanted to throw up.

"Cool! But may I ask how do you guys know each other?" Charlotte asked gripping her books a little tighter.

Finally. A question I've been waiting for.

"He used to bu-

"We were best friends! Right Henry?" He lied interrupting me threw gritted teeth. As much as I wanted to tell her the truth. I just nodded.

"Well that's so cool! Now we can call ourselves the three musketeers!" She giggles as she both gave us a side hug.

As much as I enjoyed being in her arms I uncomfortably shifted off her grasp. And cleared my throat.

"Actually can we call ourselves the four musketeers? You know I can't leave my bro Jasper out!" I smiled awkwardly.

"Oh yeah. Jasper. I remember him. Your little bucket lover do- I mean friend!" He chuckled nervously scratching the back of his neck as I gave him a death stare.

"Yeah... sure we can be the four musketeers." She smiled back at me. "But uh. Did you wanna ask me something?" she asked turning her attention back to me.

"What would make you say that?" I shrugged.

"Cause you kind came here... like you wanted to ask me something." She gave me a weird "duh" look.

"Oh... well your right." I paused smiling. "There's this party next Saturday and I was wondering if you'd like to come with me?"

"Oh yeah! Jessica's party right?" Brayden replied.

"Mhmm." I hummed annoyed.

"Oh yeah. She invited me but sure I'd like to go with you." Charlotte agreed smiling.

"I'm sorry did you just say yes?" I asked trying to see if I heard her correctly.

"Yeah. I did say yes." She smiled.

My face formed a huge grin and I nodded my head rapidly. "Oh.. okay! I'll see you later then!" I walked away slowly still grinning like an idiot.

But who can blame me?

——————————————————————————

A/N

What do you think Henry would've said before Brayden interrupted him? And you got a little backstory on Brayden. What do you think he's like? Anyways...

808 words

                                                                   - and I oop