Get Her A Job

"Oh come on Hen, please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"Char I don't know how Ray's gonna take it. But fine I'm gonna ask him." I paused. "Just for you.".

"Yay! Thank you thank you thank you! Now I wouldn't have to feel bad for you paying all the food and stuff." She said as she ran back to her room.

Charlotte's been begging me for a week to ask Ray for her to get a job at Junk N' Stuff. I mean, it'll be amazing if she does but I'm kinda nervous to tell Ray she figured out my secret... but of course being the softy I am I finally gave in.

"Charlotte? I'm just gonna head to Junk N' Stuff and tell Ra-

"No, wait I wanna come with you!"

"Well okay... but can you hurry up a little bit because I was suppose to get there 5 minut-

"Ok I'm done!" Charlotte came out her room looking extremely beautiful. She was wearing some classy clothes suitable enough for a job interview.

But knowing Ray I don't think he'll take the news so well...

"Uh ok... lets go then!"

                                            •••

The elevator door opened and revealed the man cave. As I entered Ray was watching some Drake and Josh reruns while eating some Chinese food.

"Hey... Ray." i spoke out quietly.

"Oh! Hey kid. I didn't know you were working today." He started with his mouth full of noodles. "Did I accidentally butt beep you?"

"Uh. No, no I actually have something to tell you." I chuckled as I awkwardly walk to the couch.

"Kid seriously? You're 18 and you still don't know where babies come from?"

"What no! It's not about that! It's about umm... Charlotte."

"Oh okay." He breathed out relieved. "What about her?"

"So umm... you know how she's really smart?" I asked as Ray nodded. Okay here goes nothing.

"She sorta figured out my secret."

"What secret?" He asked placing his container of noodles in the trash can.

"That uh... I'm Kid Danger!" I started chuckling awkwardly as I was expecting the worst thing.

"Isn't that cooky? Haha?" I have never been more anxious in my life.

"And what did you tell her?" He asked sternly as he got up.

Oh god.

I swallowed my saliva slowly and answered. "I told her that I am Kid Danger..."

"Henry..."

Please god don't let him fire me!

"It's about time!" He ran up to me and hugged me tight.

"What?"

"I said it's about time she figure it out. Do you know how much she can help us?" he smiled.

"Wait Wait Wait. Your not mad?"

"No why would I be?"

"N- no reason." I sighed out.

"But you know if you seriously wanted her to work with us you could've just asked."

"Yeah I know. But I thought it'll be funnier for you to freak out over it." He started to laugh.