What almost happened... again

I was at my 4th class of the day. Aka with the weirdest teacher of them all.

Mr. Hensher.

Don't get me wrong. He's not a bad teacher it's just... he's not normal.

We didn't have the usual long desks or whatever.

We had to sit in a circle with no table whatsoever.

Our teacher said it was to 'Make sure we weren't doing anything suspicious or ungrateful'.

What is that suppose to mean?

And on top of that. He's a younger teacher. He's like 30 or something like that. Compared to the other teachers that are here who are like 78.

So of COURSE all the girls are swooning over him. Everyone except me. I mean don't get me wrong. He is pretty attractive. But I am so not interested. That'll just be weird.

"Well I'm glad I can finally look at a girl who's not practically drooling over the teacher." I heard a voice say beside me that brought me back to reality.

"Pardon?" I shook my head confused.

"I'm just saying that it's nice I can look at a girl who doesn't have drool all over her face because of some teacher." The stranger beside me smiled as I quietly snorted.

"You have a cute laugh." He smirked.

"Nah. It's normal." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Sure it is. Anyways, hi the name's Brayden." he pulled out his hand for me to shake it.

"Hi Braydan. I'm Charlotte." I took out my own hand and shook his.

"Actually it's BraydEN. Not BraydAN."

"But that's what I said. Braydan." I shrugged confused.

"No. It's Brayden with an e. Not an a. So it's like your saying Brayd-in." He nodded his head.

"Okay... Brayden?" I 'corrected' myself.

"Sure good enough." He sighed and leaned back on his chair.

"I have a feeling we're going to get along great." He continued quietly as he smirked.

I uncomfortably nodded my head and payed attention to the teacher in the middle.

——————————————————————————

"I was thinking maybe we could meet at Swellview's park then we'll go see the view?" Henry asked grabbing a book from his bag.

"Yeah sure. But first I'm gonna surprise my brother. I haven't talked to him in awhile." I say putting the tiny back of chips I was eating in the trash.

"No prob. Is it ok if I come with you?" He smiles getting up.

"That's sweet. But no need. I don't think it'll be necessary." I say as I grab my purse.

"Oh ok. I guess I should be heading off to work now." He says as he grabs his keys from the table.

"Okie dokie. Later Mickie!" I smiled at him.

"What was that?" He chuckled.

"I don't know I just came up with it. Leave me alone."

"Okay, Minnie. I'll see you later." He smirked and opened the front door.

"Bye!" I waved.

"Bye!"

——————————————————————————