Getting Use to Each Other Again

As the students were taking there time introducing them selves I couldn't focus. I was too busy looking at my old best friend.

How could I have not guessed it was him?

I mean it's really not my fault considering puberty hit him. Hard.

The last time I saw him he had a bull cut and now he has a half shaved half long hair type of look going on and it's working alright. And he definitely grew taller. The last thing I remember he was only slightly taller then me. Now look at him!

I looked back at Henry only to be met with his light brown eyes starring into mine.

I smiled happily as he did the same.

"Boy with the dirty blond hair stop looking at your girlfriend and come up here already!" Mr. Shapen spat out annoyed.

"Sorry sorry. Jeez." He shook his head and stood up from his seat.

"Well umm... Hi my name is Hen-"

"I'm sorry but when I said 'Come up here already' I meant come to the front of the room just like all the other students." He replied with sass.

"Do I really have to?" Henry whined. It made me chuckle remembering of old times when Henry's parents went to come pick him up from my house.

"Yes you have to now come up here!" Our teacher said furiously.

Henry embarrassingly shook his head and started walking in front of the room. I gently touched his shoulder as comfort and let him go.

"As I was saying..." he paused taking a glance at Mr. Shapen.

"My name is Henry Hart. I'm 18. And I like taking long walks on the beach." He said quickly before getting back to his seat.

Well that's some information. I guess he's really not much of a talker is he? There must be a reason...

"Okay... Henry's girlfriend come to the front please!" Mr. Shapen asked making a gesture for me to go to the front.

"Well, hi! My name is Charlotte Page. I am not Henry's girlfriend. And I'm 17." I took a quick pause looking at everyone and smiling.

"My birthday is on April 14 and I am sadly unemployed. " I joked chuckling to myself but sadly only two people laughed.

Mr. Shapen and Henry.

I smiled awkwardly and continued. "If your asking how come I'm 17 and in university. It's because I skipped 1st grade. Anyways, see you for the rest of the school year!" I waved slowly and calmly walked back to my seat.

I looked back at Henry and saw he was giving me a thumbs up. Gosh he may look like a young man but he sure doesn't act like one. So far...

"Mk! Red Head chick. It's your turn!"

———————————————————————————

"So. Your unemployed huh?" Henry chuckled as we were making our way to a nearest park.

"Yeah sadly. But hey instead of you judging me do you have a job?" I ask as we sit down on a nearest bench.