Ouran Dance Tournament

"Months of practice have amounted to this. Break a leg, girls!" The dance instructor, Ms Kim shouted. There will be a dance competition tomorrow and the girls were just getting ready. Aphrodite smiled and drank her mineral water from the flask.

It seemed as if nothing much has happened since the break up. In fact, no one except the host club knew Kyouya and Ayaka went out for almost a year. But things didn't work out or rather it's quite complicated for both of the families.

"We will be collaborating with the host club for the competition venue. Plus it would be a treat to experience a show with the hosts themselves." Ms Kim proudly announced. Aphe's eyes widened in exasperation, she did not expect things would escalate that way. More importantly, it felt so abrupt. Nobody informed her while she was working as a host.

Of course no one would tell me, Kyouya is not even talking to me at all except for urgent matters.

The girl sighed. One of her dance colleagues suddenly felt concerned.

"Is something the matter, Aphe?"

"Nah nothing much. I just knew the venue would be the host club itself. I work there part time." Aphe confessed.

"Oh yeah I remember that one! But I guess we won't be seeing you as a host on that day."

She nodded. There were 4 groups competing in the tournament, at first it would be a match of 2 by 2 and then finals before the winner could be announced. Ayaka had her fingers crossed, even though she was considerably anxious of having to perform in the host club, where Kyouya would be observing her from head to toe.

"Welcome to the host club, ladies and gentlemen! Hope you will enjoy our finest hospitality and fine dining while enjoying the show!" Tamaki greeted the guests cheerfully on the day of the tournament. Music room 3 has installed a built in stage complete with special effects lighting and speakers for the best experience.

"Please have a seat, ladies. I will introduce you to our selection of hosts." Kyouya smiled in a corporate manner as he escorted the guests to the table alongside Haruhi.

The participants were getting ready at the backstage and Aphrodite was starting to feel tense. She drank more water than usual. Her colleague noticed her strange demeanor.

"Relax, Aphe. We can do this!!" She cheered and hugged the purple haired girl. Aphe giggled and returned the hug.

"Thank you babe, I needed that encouragement."

All of a sudden Mori and Hani senpai entered the backstage room with gifts. "Aphe-chan!!! I brought you some flowers and cake to support you!! All the best!!" Hani chirped as he hugged the goddess type as well. Mori was the one who handed her a bouquet of lavender arrangement and a small box of strawberry shortcake.

"Thank you so much, Hani and Mori senpai. I appreciate it! These lavenders are so lovely!"

"You're welcome Aphe-chan, I'm afraid we have to leave now since we need to serve our guests. Best of luck later!!!" Hani giggled and waved as he took his leave on Mori's back.

Aphe smiled and waved back before placing the bouquet on the dressing table. She noticed there was a card attached on top of the bouquet. It wrote,

Good luck for the dance tournament, Ayaka. I'll always be proud of you. - K.O

The girl immediately gasped after reading the initials at the bottom of the card. The bouquet was never intended to be from Hani senpai. It's Kyouya all along. She felt herself mildly hyperventilating, the world seemed to stop for a moment before she felt a soft tap on her shoulder.