Live Fast Die Young

"Say, Aphrodite. Would you die for Kyouya-senpai?" Kaoru asked, smirking at the purple haired girl. They were playing a game; poker cards spread out on the table on both sides.

"What do you mean? I'd die for all my friends." Aphrodite spoke nonchalantly. "Your turn."

Hikaru was watching the game intently and cheering for the mature twin. Kaoru placed an ace of spades.

"Let's say, if Kyouya-senpai fell sick and need an organ transplant, would you be the donor?"

"Hm? Not a problem then, I would." The girl shrugged.

"If both of you are in a life or death situation, and only one can survive the calamity. What would you do?"

"Now that's a difficult question, knowing how selfish I am at times." Aphrodite narrowed her eyes. "But who am I kidding, I would die for my friends. In a heartbeat tbh, I'll let Kyouya live so that he can succeed his company."

"This love runs deep huh." Hikaru chided.

The purple haired girl rolled her eyes and placed a card of the king. "Enough clownery from you two. Your turn."

Haruhi who was watching at the sidelines with Kyouya, whispered. "I don't think I will ever get Aphrodite's feelings. She's too erratic."

"That's the goddess of love for you." The bespectacled boy sighed and resumed his work. "She prefers to observe people in love but haven't noticed how emotionless she has become over time."

"But you know what, Kyouya-senpai?"

"Hm?"

"I'd like to believe she loves you. She would give up her life to see you succeed." Haruhi smiled.

"I suppose I am mildly flattered to hear that." Kyouya crossed his legs.

"But I'm not, because that would mean I'll be losing her."

"In truth, I had lured you into the host club, Aphe." Athena spoke, placing her tea cup in front of her. Hani looked at the purple haired girl and smiled. The senior wanted to talk to her underclassmen and it was none other than Aphe herself. The other host club members were watching them as well.

"Athena-chan told me a lot of things about you." Hani frowned. "I hope you can overcome your past and present."

Aphrodite let out a sigh as she dropped her black coat to the side. Her tie suddenly felt too tight due to the anxiety she was having.

She loosened her tie and looked at Haruhi. A lot of the guests went back, Athena stayed for a while just for this moment. The natural type was concerned, suddenly Aphe felt as if her world was starting to crumble. But it has been a long time coming; the girl had foreseen this even before the ouran festival.

She heard Athena's clear yet soft voice talking to her again.

"You have built so many walls and personas around you that you have hidden all your sufferings and your true self." Athena spoke.

"I see that you're happier, you've made more friends. But whenever you leave the school, I can see the sad girl turning her back at the world once more."

Aphe gazed at her senior, still at a loss of words.

"Don't you love your friends at the host club?" She asked again.

"I do. I have stood up for them and helped them whenever they need help." Aphe confessed.

She remembered beating up the guys that was harassing Haruhi. Or the times when Mori needed a Kendo sparring partner. Helping the Hiitachin twins pick their next theme, or playing games with them. Accompanying Hani to buy cakes. Things even went a bit haywire during the Ouran festival when she went in between Kyouya and his father to stand up for him.