A Commoner's Experience

This is where it gets dark.

"I had many lovers in the past. I loved them as much as they loved me. But I stopped dating around when I met Athena. She changed my perspective of life." Aphrodite explained, as she was having one of those conversations with the shadow king during host club hours. Athena was busy having her tea time with her classmates Hani and Mori.

Kyouya looked at her with one hand resting under his chin, smirking.

"I think you would learn a lot more, provided you're open to a lot of different opportunities." The bespectacled boy spoke sardonically.

"Have you ever loved someone so much that it hurts?" Aphrodite asked Kyouya, suddenly whispering low as if she was about to sell drugs. Her magenta eyes stared deep into his dark grey orbs.

He smiled, slightly noticing her lower retainers as her mouth hung slightly agape. "Looks like I don't have an answer for that."

"It's good if you don't." She raised a finger at him innocently. "This kind of love is insidious. It disturbs you when you're awake, and haunts you when you're asleep." The goddess type continued, averting her eyes to the window as the rain poured heavily upon the vast school grounds.

Kyouya stared at her intuitively. He knew the Greek girl didn't receive enough parental love and care to know how a nurturing love feels like. She had spent her whole life either in the lab or boarding school. A curious child like her would want to gather enough experience to know what she wants in the end.

But it's not something he could aptly describe, nor portray to the goddess of love. Kyouya wasn't even sure about his feelings, or if he has any. He looks at her a lot when she's not paying attention. He realized her eyelashes were long, her lips were luscious and her retainers were sometimes transparent, other times pink. Sometimes she likes to pout while talking to herself, trapped in her own world. Speaking of which, he noticed how she feels different today. The air around her felt lighter, she was a bit more outspoken, childish even and spent more time with Hani senpai talking about toys.

The twins were chatting at the back, gossiping about their senpai who was in a trance. Aphrodite was thinking about the school she missed back in Greece. But then being in the host club would take her mind off a lot of things, especially the lab tests and checkups she ought to attend with Dr Alex.

"I have an idea for the weekend. How about all of us visit Haruhi's house?" Tamaki suggested, after being bored out of his mind. Haruhi wasn't around that day as she had to help her dad and his part time job.

The twins quickly agreed to the lord's decision, so did Mori and Hani. Kyouya wrote a thing or two in his notebook and cross checked Haruhi's address. Aphe smiled in delight.

"Why not!" She cheered along with the French boy. All of them were going to surprise Haruhi at her place during the weekend, in which she would despise, freak out and oppose the idea if she knew.

"Also, does anyone know when is Haruhi's birthday?" Aphe asked.

"February 4th!" The twins answered in split second.

Tamaki's eyes widened in disappointment as he had forgotten the date. He sobbed as Aphe patted his shoulder and frowned.

"She turned 15 a couple of months ago." Kyouya commented. "You're 15 as well right, Aphe?" She nodded enthusiastically.

"Eh?!! We thought she's 16!" The twins questioned. "But we didn't call her senpai because she refused it from the start. Now we know."

"Well in my household I am 16. We follow the korean age, but I suppose in school records and american system I would be 15." Aphe explained. "The korean age is calculated right after you were born, so you should add a year to your age if you guys wanna know yours."