The Female Manager

Aphe's commitment issues is on the rise. We been knew.

Houshakuji Renge. An anomaly of the day or week even, ever since she showed up. She is a guest who refused and insulted the host club king since day one. The girl had called him a fraud, unfit to be a prince for being too flamboyant, obnoxious. Turns out she has fallen in love with the shadow king at first sight, from a photograph her father gave her in a business meeting. It soon upgraded into fiance when she's determined to marry Kyouya. Conveniently her father is an important business partner of the Ootori group, so all of this makes sense in the beginning, even if Tamaki instantly felt betrayed by the mommy of the host club. Other members were convinced her words were true until Renge's detailed description of Kyouya came to light.

"It was love at first sight, considering how he showed his loving affection towards flowers, how he had rescued a little kitten in the pouring rain, a person who is soft, gentle, altruistic, never selfish and never asks for anything in return!"

The description threw off everyone in the host club and set them on fire. The twins screamed in horror at the back while running across the room, Hani senpai lost his balance and fainted, he was picked up by Mori, Aphrodite spat out the tea she was drinking, Tamaki pulled his hair in frustration and Haruhi could feel her heart dropping to the floor. Kyouya was the only one who kept his composure while having his thinking cap on.

"Renge-san, must it be that you have mistaken Kyouya senpai for someone else?" Haruhi asked politely.

"No I will never! He is exactly like the game character I love in Uki Doki Memorial, Ichijo Miyabi, my soulmate!" The light brown haired girl squealed in delight.

"Omg.... an otaku!" The twins reacted simultaneously.

"So I believe this character, Ichijo Miyabi wears glasses and you have fantasized the whole thing, even to the extent of betrothal." Kyouya calmly stated.

"Yes, you look just like him! Perfect!" Renge chirped.

"Now I understand." The Ootori boy smirked. Tamaki wiped his tears after realizing her claims were false and clung to his bff.

Aphrodite placed the teacup on the table after frantically wiping the excess tea she spat out, luckily only bits of it smeared her jacket. She pretended to be a bit busy, sometimes checking out the new girl who is Kyouya's alleged fiance. The word fiance brought back memories of the past, it made something in her snap, like the bitter aftertaste of a Turkish coffee she has always hated, or the sudden calm right before a storm. A series of flashbacks entered her mind, the goddess type didn't realize it until Haruhi pointed out,

"Aphe, are you okay? You don't look good."

Upon hearing Haruhi's question, the other host club members looked at her except for Renge who was busy thinking of Ichijo Miyabi. Tamaki gasped as Kyouya immediately fixed his gaze on the 2nd daughter of the club.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking. I just spilled a bit of tea." Aphe replied, barely feigning a smile. Is this PTSD, something that she learned while reading medical books in her household library. She looked pale and distant all of a sudden, remembering the vivid past. Her hands felt cold and clammy to the touch.

Arranged marriage. Fiance. These things would always trigger some memories. The defining experience that could make everyone rethink of their future. These are the children of prestigious families with a great responsibility. Aphrodite would remember all the times her parents would bring her to business meetings and meet the business partner's son, introducing them to each other somehow. Or that one time when a parent was so obsessed to wed his son to Aphe due to her promising looks and future, a contract was even laid out before coincidentally rejected by her parents (on their own benefit, not hers). It made her sick to the stomach whenever these things would come up, and she was extremely glad that she made it out unscathed. Emptiness filled her mind and soul when she remembered her past lovers who would snap and leave when the marriage prospect came up. The thing about relationships in school, they never last, she was in a girls school on top of that. Her beautiful exes would be wedded to some rich dude and it was inevitable, but it scarred her to the core.