How to make ur own shadowling and some NR art

Ok. Just in case, imma put this here.
(Also pls tell me if u make one I wanna see them)

The main thing you really need to be concerned about is the head, since shadowlings have varying body types (They're just species fused with dark magic, remember).

Imma start with the ears.
The ears are fish fin like, but usually only have 3 spikes, and 3 spikes only. They never have less (unless part of the ear was bitten off) and they usually never have more, unless there's a rare mutation. Even so, an extra ear spike doesn't give you a boost in power or anything. Think of it as an extra flap of skin on your ear. It wouldn't do anything.

The coloration is always from skin tone to ink color (which, 99% of the time is black). They also act like animal ears, peeking up when alert or happy, dropping when sad or scared, etc. They will also flutter when content. They are thin near the tips and because of this, they are sensitive. Do not grab them because of this, as they are also delicate.

(Note: when fused with an inkling, the fading to Black on the ears will disappear some, and the ear's form will change a little)

The eyes and face mask remain the same according to what species it came from (since "shadowling" is a general term and is used for just referring to dark magic fused with a species). Occasionally you will get some out of the ordinary marks, but as of now I ask that you not do those yet until they are explained in further detail.

The teeth/beak can also remain the same of the original species as well.

And lastly, the tentacles.

They're uh.
They're not supposed to make sense while also still making sense. Think of it this way: you don't have to draw the suckers underneath or the spots on the ends, but you don't want to turn it into hair either:

 Think of it this way: you don't have to draw the suckers underneath or the spots on the ends, but you don't want to turn it into hair either: