Murder

⭐️Chapter 48: Crow

Gloves and Crow were on the blacktop, as that was easier for turfing. Gloves was surprised that he himself was still awake enough to do this. Alright, splat bomb and inkjet...perfect offensive set! But...what did Crow have? He wasn't about to yell to ask Seira, as he wanted to keep her out of this. So he started off with inking the area around him.

However, instead of inking as well, Crow dodge rolled straight to him. Gloves quickly rolled out of the way, heart pounding. He THOUGHT Crow was gonna go for Inking turf, but I guess that just wasn't the case here. He threw down a bomb to see if it would do any good, and Crow jumped out of the way. He got too far for shooting at him as well. Come on...use your sub weapon...

Crow began inking turf now, and Gloves had to wonder if this was for a special or if it was for maneuverability. Gloves began turfing as well, for both. He was caught off guard when Crow surprise attacked him, and nearly got splatted, had he not rolled out of the way again into his own ink. He quickly swam away in case Crow decided to follow him. Man, he needed to be more careful! He had to watch for any spots of enemy ink now. Crow could be anywhere.

He spotted a large patch of ink and threw a bomb down at it, suspecting Crow was there. He wasn't, and suddenly he heard a bomb about to go off behind him. He quickly shot forward as it exploded.

So Crow had a bomb, but...what kind?

He turned around to see a straight line of ink, and at the opposite end of it, more enemy ink.

Oh. A curling bomb.

That wasn't too bad. He could deal with that. He covered the path up, and this let him get the inkjet. He just needed to find Crow now, since if he used it without knowing where he was, he might waste it. Or worse, Crow would camp at his point and strike at him when he got down. Maybe...he could draw him out by using it? No, that was risky, especially if Crow tried to shoot him down from the ground.

He began to throw splat bombs at the enemy ink puddles, hoping to get Crow, but none of them had him in it. He suddenly heard the dodge roll noise and immediately activated his special, turning around before Crow could get to him. Crow looked up and shot at him, to which he moved back with a boost from the inkjet. He tried to shoot at Crow, remembering Emperor's advice on how to use the inkjet, but Crow quickly dodge rolled out of range. He then whipped out a giant stick and-

Oh.

It was the bubble blower.

That...was actually more dangerous than Gloves thought. He began shooting at the bubbles to make them disappear. Crow only got closer, only inking them a little bit at a time. What was he-wait. Gloves saw that his landing point was in those bubbles. If Crow popped all of them when he landed...

He'd be done for.

Quickly, he shot at Crow. His time was almost up, and he HAD to get Crow away before he could pop them. Crow backed away, but tried to stay closer to the bubbles. Gloves's attacks put the pressure on him to move away, and eventually he did, just as the inkjet ran out. Gloves jumped back into the mess of bubbles, and quickly tried to ink a path out of the bubbles. Just as he was doing so, however, he saw a curling bomb go by, directly to a bubble.

Oh no.

He had to get out.

NOW.