Chapter 62: Fade

⭐️Chapter 62: Fade

Prince woke everybody up. Even the shadowlings. THIS WAS AN EMERGENCY AND HE WAS CONCERNED. Ebony was the first other one to wake up.

"Wh...what's wrong...? Prince...? That you?"

"YES IT'S ME, YOUR BROTHER AND MY BROTHER ARE BOTH GONE AND NOW I'M CONCERNED BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO OR WHERE THEY WENT OR-"

Ebony shot awake.

"Whoah, whoah, whoah, calm down! Wait for everyone else..."

Oh right.

He should.

And so they waited.

Man was everyone beat up...

For a long time. The sun continued to set, and still nobody had stirred. What had happened? What force had thrown them all back? How did Prince not know about this earlier? All the questions made his head hurt. He needed to rest, but...he didn't have the time to now. Even though the others hadn't awakened for a while, he didn't want to be asleep when they woke up.

Prince looked at Ebony. He was quiet, and Prince could guess why. This must have been a lot for him to handle as well. Maybe he was blaming himself for it, for not being able to stick up to Noir when he had made that plan? Prince didn't want to ask, just in case. He didn't want to lose Ebony now, this was important to both of them.

The time eventually came. The other squidbeak slowly woke up, but were also scared when they saw Emperor missing. The Shadow six were confused as well when they saw Noir gone. Prince and Ebony explained their thoughts to them, and the two teams decided to (for the time being) form a truce to get their teammates back. They had then decided to come up with a plan.

"Alright" Ebony spoke up, loud and clear. All attention was on him.
"I think I know what's happened."

"Proceed" Prince said.

Ebony took a deep breath in.
He didn't want to believe this was true, but-

"Noir has kidnapped-squidnapped-howeveryousayit Emperor, and taken him back to the mansion in Black Forest."

Everyone stared in shock.

"Wh...what makes you think that?" Flip asked.

"Knowing him, he would've taken advantage of this situation. I don't know HOW he woke up first or why he picked Emperor of all people, but I know he would've definitely tried to break your team up somehow" Ebony said, piecing together what he knew from memory.

"Okay, but what are we supposed to do now? Go after him? We don't even know what he plans on doing!" Nana said.

"I don't have any guesses as to what he might be planning, but you're right. We're going to need ideas" Ebony said with a nod.

"Maybe he'll mind control Emperor?" Gloves asked. He remembered when Emperor was hypnoshaded, and thought that maybe Noir would try something like that. He had already done it to Ebony, after all.

"No, he's already exhausted himself with that. He isn't as powerful with mind control as he seems" Ebony replied.

"Maybe he's actually going to turn Emperor against us by telling him lies?" Hachi suggested.

"That...could be a possibility..."

"Then we just have to fill Emperor in with the truth!" Goggles said with a smile.