Prince of Twilight (Part 2)

🖤Chapter 56: Ebonwood

The squidbeak groaned in frustration.
"Oh for crying out loud, of COURSE he has..."

Prince wasn't prepared. He was ready for that to be the final swing, he wasn't sure how much more he could ta-
He was interrupted as Ebony rammed into him, full force. It had been charged with magic as well, so Prince was once again thrown against a wall. It hurt more the second time he had done it.

Prince tried to get up, but Ebony wouldn't let him. He felt bad that the squidbeak couldn't help him. He would have to find a way out of this all on his own. He scanned the area. Rubble, Ebony, Enparry blades next to him. The least he could do was pick up the blades. He went to stand up, only to have Ebony approach him with his sword pointing at his face.

The squidbeak watched in horror. Anger and fear slowly bubbled up inside them. Now they understood. The shadowlings knew all along. This was truly unfair, Prince didn't stand a chance alone. He had no magic other than his trait magic, and even that wouldn't help in a battle of shadows.

"We need to help him! I know we can't but this has gone too far!" Rider shouted to the group. He was pretty sure the others agreed as well.

"But how?!" Emperor exclaimed. He was scared now that Ebony had released more power.

"Isn't Noir mind controlling him? Maybe we can distract him!" Gloves said, pointing to him.

"Okay, but how do we do that? The rest of the shadowlings are there too, and if we try anything too obvious, they'll notice and attack us!" Flip explained.

"Hmm. Maybe we can fight them to disctract him?" Nana suggested.

"No, knowing him he'll probably tell them to lead us away from the fight. Besides, that would leave it all up to Emperor to stop him" Hachi replied.

"I'm sure there's a way! We just have to keep watching..."

Prince tried to get out. Maybe there was something here that could create a bunch of dust that he could use as a smokescreen to escape? He found some bits of dust and rock and began collecting them in the palm of his hand, slowly. Hopefully Ebony wouldn't suspect anything, or the others. Once he had thrown the dust, he would try and walk out into the open square again.

"I know!" Goggles said suddenly, but nobody else except the squidbeak could hear him.

"What?" the rest of the squidbeak said in unison, turning towards him.

"Let's knock him out!" Goggles said.

"Who, Noir? How?" Rider asked.

"Two people will sneak off, pretending they're going to get more allies. The shadowlings will go after them and then we'd take that as a chance to cover the other shadowlings's mouths when they have their attention on them. Then one person has to go up and whack Noir in the head with something! I don't know what though..." he explained.

"My blaster might work" Hachi said.

"Would you like to knock him out then?" Rider asked.

"Sure!"

"Alright, let's put this plan into action, then!" Gloves said.